Objectivism Online Forum

Pope calls for world dictatorship.

Rate this topic

Trebor

There's nothing new or wrong with that. We Objecitivsts have proposed that for over 4 decades: It's called "gold". You'd be surprised at how people listen when it talks: Especially the smart people. It even regulates the free market and it can't be cheated, bamboozled, schmoozed or overridden.

His intent is to impose Christian morality on to the market. You know the same morality that regurgitates bromides such as "it is easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle than it is for a rich man to enter the kingdom of heaven" So under the Popes plan he would do away with the rich man so that everyone would be able to enter into his liars kingdom.

Edited by Zip

It's altruism run amok at the point of a gun: If you won't be moral by the Pope's edicts, then you will be forced to comply. If you sanction greed, in the moral sense of the word of rational self-interest, you will be throttled.

Actually, I don't think the Pope or the Vatican are ignorant of capitalism and its benefits for the individual; it's just that if they can gain moral power by adding fuel to the fire of anti-capitalism, they will do it. And they think capitalism, at root, is an immoral system.

Gold is the exact opposite of what the pope is calling for. He reiterating his Church's support for government control of the economy.

Boy, no flies on you! You are exactly right.

I was following a Randism from "Philosophical Detection": "...Don't argue with it. Accept it and see where it leads" . What I did was show that such an economic regulatory mechanism already exists and a far better one than any control system yet devised. which was a way of saying "We already have one of what you're talking about, so we don't need to put one in, it's already there waiting for us to use it.

But, as you so succinctly point out. That's not what this guy want's, I don't even know if he knows what he wants beyond some vague shape. I guess he really doesn't have the faith in God to imagine that God will fix what needs fixing. It seems to me that given the so-called omnipotence and goodwill of this God, he should not be looking to a very fallible human institution of dubious moral worth. But then after Populorum Progressio it was all downhill.

Edited by Space Patroller