Objectivism Online Forum

They play the victim role perfectly

Rate this topic

I don't know if you heard about it but in the past days there was a crime in Germany that got a lot of attention:

BBC News

Now it's obvious that the crime of the man was serious and evil, but what really bugs me is what happened in Egypt afterwards and more importantly: The reaction of our politicians.

Angle Merkel apologized for what happened so did Frank Walter Steinmeier (the biggest rival for the upcoming elections) and with no word did they say anything about the totally inappropriate reaction of the Egyptian government, press and population.

Apparently the crowd in Alexandria shouted something about death to Germany and death to Europe.

I'm not sure if this fear of offending Muslims is that strong in other countries, since Germany has some real trouble there because of our history.

Sort of reminds me of the danish cartoons and the trouble our politicians had to defend the freedom of speech.

Just a little warning: Don't let the radicals play the victim role. They are good at it and will use anything they get.