Objectivism Online Forum

The Left Pushes for Acceptance of Health Care Rationing

Rate this topic

Punk ... we're talking about government control of the health care system, which leads to shortages and thus rationing and long lines. That doesn't happen in the free market.

I highly recommend this excellent video critique of the Canadian single payer system.

This is by Steven Crowder of PJTV. Steven went to Canada and, with his friends up there, found out how the system works. It's atrocious and deadly.

This is what the current government is trying to force down our throats. It's a form of death.

What's kind of funny is I think this video will work better turning Canadians against socialized medicine than Americans. We deal with it every day, or know people who do. I think Crowder really nailed it with this video, however, there could've been more interviews as well as a bit more information and questions.

Definitely going on my Facebook page.

since something must be firts produced before it can be consumed a shortage simply means a product has not yet been produced. there is nothing you can do to attain this product because another unit of it simply does not exsist. this type of shortage is the corner stone of any socialized industry or economy, and rarely happens in a free market. in a free market if a person cannot attain a level 5 health serivice because he cant afford it does not mean there is a shortage of level 5 health serives. and if they needed it to save there lives they could go to extreme measures to attain it such as selling house finding a charity ect. if a shortage exsisted however like in a socialized market then attaining level 5 health serive would be impossible bc it wld not exist due to the shortage.

they basic direction of any socialized industry is down, less availabe less quality, while the direction of free market is more avaiabe more quality. this has been shown to be the truth by every example in history.

lets explore ur example of getting rid of level 5 care in order to provide evryone with level 3 care. at first there is no shortage of level three bc we are destroying 4 and 5 to get more 3. the quality is automtically decreased. eventually as all of 4 and 5 are destoyed in order to provide 3, there begins to be a shortage of 3, so we get ride of three and give everyone 2. then there begins to be a shortage of 2 wen all 3 has been destroyed to provide 2, and ect until u have 0.