Objectivism Online Forum

Thy'll be coming for your....

Rate this topic

Space Patroller

If what I heard early this morning is any predictor, that's what I figure.

Joran Rich WBZ 1030 AM Boston, overnight show had a guest who was apparently involvoed in some kind of diabetes diet thing, since this person identified the "best" diet at "vegan" I'm temtped to think it's a scam like all the rest. and Rich asked about "addictive foods" and the guy mentioned chocolate, dairy and meat, afte which he reccomended the "vegan diet" as a near cure-all (which tripped my B.S alarm) and continued the "addictive" theme.

That tripped my foodstapo alarm. You don't have to be Dagny Taggert to know the train schedule

Aw; they don't mean it. It can't happen here

I mean can; it?

Is it time for someone to write 2090 or Hershey Shrugged?

That tripped my foodstapo alarm. You don't have to be Dagny Taggert to know the train schedule

I think you're going to get comments on your writing style again. :dough:

Seriously, though, was this person a government official, or just your run-of-the-mill vegan? If the latter, it's not really news.

I think you're going to get comments on your writing style again. :dough:

Seriously, though, was this person a government official, or just your run-of-the-mill vegan? If the latter, it's not really news.

We already have "food nazi"s and "food police", neither of which are my creation. When you combine nazi and police, you sure's hell don't get Galt's Gulch, right? As far as the expected comments. To quote Captain Kirk "What the Klingon says is unimportant" and that's being kind.

Well, all this stuff starts as not really news. "Gas guzzler" was a media creation of the mid 1970's "African-Amereican" was created by Jesse Jackson in 1988. "Senior Citizen" was a media buzzword form 35 years back. Threy now used in government circles. 15 years ago who'd'a though PETA would be considered more than a bunch of cranks? Besides which the magic word was used. Just say "addictive" and the statists and malcontents swarm like bees. They include government types looking to expand their powers. That PETA and veggans havem't been either locked away or euthanized speaks volumes. These aren't just ordinary nutbags, they have an agenda, are organized and have the ears of the university-media-totalitarian complex.

This guy was making medical claims and was affiliated with some diabetes clinic of some kind from what I could glean