Objectivism Online Forum

Some Tattoos I am thinking about getting

Rate this topic

mke

Maybe someday. :lol: My point though was to nudge you toward choosing something original.

I think that it just needs to be something important and meaningful to him since he's going to be wearing it. I don't see anything wrong with A is A and it can be an original design as well. It may be possible that someone else out there has an A is A tattoo but I've yet to see one.

Maybe someday. ;) My point though was to nudge you toward choosing something original.

I also value originality, but when I try to come up with original designs that would better represent the ideals I am trying to express, I draw blanks. :P

Genuine originality is hard. If it were easy everyone would be original.
Originality isn't necessary with tattoos. The important element is the meaning to the tattooed. So, if you want to be reminded, or don't want to easily forget about a certain thing in your life, maybe an achievement or a turningpoint, or a quality about life in general that means a lot to you like rationality or a carefree spirit, pick an image of something that reminds you strongly of it, personally. It could be anything.

For example, "ashes to ashes" or "dust to dust," despite the original religious meaning, makes me think of my own mortality. I like thinking about it because it keeps things in perspective and gives me a clear head, and I have thought about getting it tattooed on my forearm.

• 3 months later...

I have never regretted or been unhappy about my tattoo. You have to make it something that inspires you. I love my tat because it has meaning to me and to be blunt I think it is F-ing epic.

http://forum.ObjectivismOnline.com/index.php?showuser=6710

Edited by ChefGuy89