Objectivism Online Forum

Christian Left and Environmentalism

Rate this topic

TheEgoist

When it comes to the environmentalist aspect, the christian right has some blame in this if their flocks go left of center. Many churches have been using environmentalism to recruit and become more pop-culture for a while. I have a young family member who was introduced into the pentecostal movement through a church group that styled itself as environment loving. Advertisements are generally targeted to specific markets where they will have the greatest effect, and the christian right has been sewing the seeds for christian environmentalism for a few years now, in my experience.

In the words of Marky Mark in The Happening....It's HAPPENING! :o

Truly, Christian Left is one of the most horrific terms to hit my ears.

It's music to my ears. I've been hoping for this for 20 years. The God Squad and Greenie-Weenies on the same side. We should encourage it. Both are mystics, they belong together. The only reason the conservatives became pro-science/technology/growth, at least in word was because of the left going green in the 1970's and compared to the left, they are pro-reason, but only compared to the left. Some of us know who the real good guys are with regard to that divide. Some of us knew that 40 years ago. Others of us still don't know.

Back around 2000 Rush read a column about the Democrats "taking back God"

Did you think Christians really like capitalism?

http://cockpit.spacepatrol.us/endof.html

This ought not be news. Where has mainstream Christianity been on the political spectrum for the last 45 years? Including the Catholic Church? Rand: "ONe could onl wish that they had given St. Thomas a better funeral". For those who believe the "God sqaud" is on the right. You did not read an article; c1978 in ERGO about President Carter as an elder in his church giving a sermon in praise of death. It was an article I clipped out from the Prividence Journal and sent to ERGO.

Calling sN....Calling sN....

Edited by Space Patroller

When it comes to the environmentalist aspect, the christian right has some blame in this if their flocks go left of center. Many churches have been using environmentalism to recruit and become more pop-culture for a while. I have a young family member who was introduced into the pentecostal movement through a church group that styled itself as environment loving. Advertisements are generally targeted to specific markets where they will have the greatest effect, and the christian right has been sewing the seeds for christian environmentalism for a few years now, in my experience.

JACKPOT!!

http://cockpit.spacepatrol.us/08jun.html

Also

http://cockpit.spacepatrol.us/08feb.html

And don't forget the Michelle Malkin vid of Gingrich and Pelosi smooching it up on the Green couch

Edited by Space Patroller

Just bumping this thread instead of making an entirely new one for a similar case.

This story about Roman Catholic's praying that their glacier stops shrinking because "water is life" came up in my AP news RSS feed.

They are seeking permission from the Pope, which I'm sure they'll likely get.

He said he would ask the local bishop to seek Pope Benedict XVI's permission to change the vow, and a statement from the cantonal (state) government of Valais said a papal audience was planned for September or October.

"At our next procession, we might just be able to pray against climate change, global warming and the receding of the glacier," Venetz said.

• 3 months later...

Here's an

on youtube from appears to be an Israeli TV show. Even though the hosts speak in Hebrew the message is easy to understand. They run through a number of environmentalist features that mirror religion. Most notably a green hotel in CA that replaced the Gideon Bible with copies of an Al Gore book. Edited by IchorFigure