Objectivism Online Forum

eRepublik Game:

Rate this topic

Zip

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't like the model much. You have the choice to start as an employee, go into politics, or some other things. No choice to do anything innovative like start your own business...

You can. Then you reach level 8.

I don't like the model much. You have the choice to start as an employee, go into politics, or some other things. No choice to do anything innovative like start your own business...

In real life, you need resources and/or skills to start your own business. Seems like being an employee, going into politics, and so on allow the player to develop resources and/or skills.

In real life, you need resources and/or skills to start your own business.

You don't need to start as an employee, however. A kid with a lawnmower can start a lawn service that can grow to a full year around income source with multiple employees and never work for someone else. Couple guys on the street with good voices can make a life long asset (ie: a record) and never work for someone else.

I recognize the impossibility of making a virtual model that mirrors reality - but one that starts with that simple of a model won't prove anything at all IMO.

Still - have fun. ;)

You don't need to start as an employee, however. A kid with a lawnmower can start a lawn service that can grow to a full year around income source with multiple employees and never work for someone else.

Yup, because lawn mowers can be picked up for free. Gas too. ;)

We can start a party once we find a place to stay for good. I think it's better for now to just get better at your job and get some money :)

Invitation Link

Anyone who wants to join and is going to create an account anyway, please click that so we earn extra gold! that'll make it a lot easier to start companies and stuff :)

joined norway slavbergor area.

name: alucard2999

Has anyone more familiar with the model of this game. Would we be succesfull in this game if we run things following the principles that we like?

I think that objectivists already occupy 33 percent or so of the Jan Mayen's population. We should start our newspapers and try to gain intellectual power over Norwegians. Later we'll find our political party and try to get into power. If we succeed, we may try reducing the taxes and introducing voluntary taxation and voluntary service.

Yup, because lawn mowers can be picked up for free. Gas too. :pimp:

Kid doesn't even need a lawn mower - we pay a kid next door to cut ours using ours.

The point is, the "model' is way too rigid in the game. Playing it may be an entertaining diversion, but that's all.

I think it won't be that hard to get someone into congress, either. Most people in this country get elected on 3-4 votes most, so if we vote for our own candidates they would easily get in =)

Yeah. AND that means that we can take control of the country quite easy too :pimp:

Pretty much the only downside is that that area doesn't have any resources; we can move to Thailand in the long run as it has a lot of oil, and that region is also very empty. Either one would work, really :pimp:

Also, if you have extra money, buy some gifts and give them to people to boost their wellbeing. I'm doing that as much as i can afford, too, and it'll help us get stronger faster :)

Edited by Maarten

Kid doesn't even need a lawn mower - we pay a kid next door to cut ours using ours.

The point is, the "model' is way too rigid in the game. Playing it may be an entertaining diversion, but that's all.

I dunno. I imagine you let the kid next door mow the lawn using your lawn mower because he has mowing skills. I'm just pointing out the obvious. He was certainly not born with mowing skills.

I dunno. I imagine you let the kid next door mow the lawn using your lawn mower because he has mowing skills. I'm just pointing out the obvious. He was certainly not born with mowing skills.

What exactly do you think you're proving? That the model in the online game is valid?