Objectivism Online Forum

eRepublik Game:

Rate this topic

Zip

Everyone in Norway get this message? I used the Google translator...kind of slick.

I would first like to introduce myself. My nick is Jbmalin, originally from Sweden, as you might notice. I have been active in the Norwegian policy for about 2 months now after a long period in Swedish politics. I would also like to inform the Norwegian Forum. Can we work together as a country we must all do their part. If you are not registered so do it today at www.erepublik.no you will receive 20 NOK if you type in the thread below Immigrasjon.

Immigrasjonsverket working on recruiting new players and also takes care and helps them to get a good start as possible. If you have questions about the game please contact us so we can answer questions and help with a meal.

Although IRC is a place to meet other players. There you can talk to all the Norwegians about the game but also about other things. The country's official channel, you will find on Quakenet, # eNorge. Here is a guide how to use irc.

On Sunday reboot won the presidential election. His new government is as follows:

Vice President: KristofferAG

Minister of Defense: Cirno

Minister of Internal Affairs: raggizz

Minister of Finance: Evleos

Minister of Industries: Bjelland

Minister of Foreign Affairs: Jbmalin

Minister of Immigration: Jbmalin

Minister of PR: Terje Hansen

I hope you like me to have an active Norway who is respected around the world. For that to happen we need to all pull together.

Regards

Jbmalin - Immigrasjonsminister and Mofa

Edited by SD26

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you check out the news (http://www.erepublik.com/en/article/is-war...ty--929133/1/20) of today, you will find this:

-------------------------------------------------------

Hello again my dear readers,

My question for you today is : IS WAR NECESSARY?

I think we all know the answer. This game is based on war module. The economy is based on wars. Baby-booms are made during war times. The greatest amounts of gold are spent in Epic battles.

The servers were upgraded to sustain great wars. And still many of us keep wondering themselves: Why, we can't step aside once, not in RL or ERep and fighting each other like some stupid kids?

Why? Good question! Because we can't!

Because we all like to win! And to win there is always need for an opponent who to lose. This is the way our race flourished. This is the way we are raising our children. To fight and to be better or high placed than others. In every moment of our lives we are over one person and under another. And most of us want to go higher. These are the facts, in real or virtual life, everything is the same.

eRepublik gave us what we all want. Another global arena where we can race together.

So, my dear friends, indeed war is a MUST! We can now rest and stop denying that and think how we can win it!

Thank you all for reading!

Crocky

--------------------------------------------

Can anyone answer that? I am not so far yet to talk politics.... Some baseless and/or undigested slogans as "The economy is based on creating goods, not on wars" are coming to my mind, but I could not justify my position and would not know how exactly to address his further thoughts.......

mfg Dk

Can anyone answer that? I am not so far yet to talk politics.... Some baseless and/or undigested slogans as "The economy is based on creating goods, not on wars" are coming to my mind, but I could not justify my position and would not know how exactly to address his further thoughts.......

The poster presumes that life is a zero-sum game and that human history is nothing but a war of different collectives, whether tribal, racial or social, all out to strangle one another for the lead. It is a false sum of the whole of human history, but it is what many collectivists believe: We're just a bunch of animals unknowingly marching to the tune of our genes or social zeitgeist, beating one another with clubs to get the most resources, to breed the most.

It's a pretty sick, malevolent view of humankind.

I can join the Gullpartiet, they're center right Libertarian oriented, and also have almost half the seats in congress. One problem is just that everyone uses Norwegian, which might make it hard for us to stay here in the long run if there's a lot of people speaking a different language in every day life....

Maybe other countries use english more?

If we can get a majority in Norway (which won't be that hard - it's pretty small), I don't think it'll matter that much if they speak English or not.

Should I wait for us to establish a political party, or should I join the gullpartiet?

If we can get a majority in Norway (which won't be that hard - it's pretty small), I don't think it'll matter that much if they speak English or not.

Should I wait for us to establish a political party, or should I join the gullpartiet?

Good question, one I'm asking myself too.

Does it cost to join a party? Does it cost to make one? If there's a rational party available, it might be very valuable to get involved and involve others that we don't know that have some similar rational ideals. Even if it isn't perfect, it might be a good platform to start. Similar to the skill building process of working for a company: work for someone before starting your own business.

Thoughts?

You cannot yet join a party, I just tried:

Quote:

"You have only 15 Experience Points. To access this feature you need at least 40 Experience points (experience level 7). Unlock Features"

Yeah, and I think you can't vote until level 6. Guess that's the "age of majority"? LOL!

I bought a company just now. I made some job openings there in case anyone wants to work for me; I'll make sure you get paid above average wages as long as there's some profit left afterwards ;) Then we all profit!

The company name is Benevolence Inc. It's a gift making company so it's mostly useful for those people who do manufacturing work. Message me if you need a specific skill level job, or if you're currently getting paid more. We can work something out then :D

I bought a company just now. I made some job openings there in case anyone wants to work for me; I'll make sure you get paid above average wages as long as there's some profit left afterwards ;) Then we all profit!

The company name is Benevolence Inc. It's a gift making company so it's mostly useful for those people who do manufacturing work. Message me if you need a specific skill level job, or if you're currently getting paid more. We can work something out then :D

That's good to hear. I was thinking about the benefits of a co-op type situation, but I haven't really had time to look at the manual to see what is possible. Actually, I'm still kind of clueless about much of the game.

Hvem jobber du for?

Gone are the days of raises and benefits. I made a horrible mistake. I got to a point where I earned 7.50 NOK as a skill 1.75 worker, and then inadvertently clicked resign. :( Now I am stuck with a 4.00 NOK job at skill 2.2 for another 48 hours.

Edited by Rockefeller

One thing I just noticed is that we need to have an organization to buy raw materials for companies outside of the country... does anyone know if you start out with any gold so it would be possible to maybe pool a few gold per person and start one? I don't have enough money myself right now to make an organization, and I will run out of raw materials (diamonds) in about two days otherwise :(

We need 5 gold total for that; I have about 2.5 myself..

One thing I just noticed is that we need to have an organization to buy raw materials for companies outside of the country... does anyone know if you start out with any gold so it would be possible to maybe pool a few gold per person and start one? I don't have enough money myself right now to make an organization, and I will run out of raw materials (diamonds) in about two days otherwise :)

We need 5 gold total for that; I have about 2.5 myself..

I have one gold. Does donating give the investor a share of the profits?

I would like to know how you get currency from gold. I had 5 but I was forced to spend 4 of it to buy wellness. :( Turning gold into currency would have been much better I think but I couldn't figure out how to do it.