Objectivism Online Forum

eRepublik Game:

Rate this topic

Zip

Have any of you played simcountry?

You either play as president of a country or ceo of a company.

I played it ages ago and it seemed very detailed.

As a ceo you try to find the best place to produce and sell your goods and you have to analyze the market to figure out how best to invest your money.

However I seem to remember that being a president was mostly about making enough money to buy stuff to fight wars.

The cool thing was that you could make contracts to supply stuff to other players.

Edited by jmr

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As a ceo you try to find the best place to produce and sell your goods and you have to analyze the market to figure out how best to invest your money.

[..]

The cool thing was that you could make contracts to supply stuff to other players.

There are websites which enable you to study markets in eRepublik, but the feature is not built-in in the game.

Likewise, players can make contracts too, but again, their enforcement seems to be unofficial.

one fight a day is definitely good. you loose 10 wellnesspoints, but can once a day get 30 back at the hospital. whether it's good to participate in more than one or how exatly it works I cannot tell yet...

thanks for that info, I'll definitely start fighting now.

Have you just seen the Norway's recent military campaign? They have attacked Finland and Russia. I think they are using the moment of Russia's war against USA to their advantage and are up to taking over the Eastern Russia. There are only two regions hard to take over though: Moscow and Urals, so Norway should take over the rest quite easily. Whatdo you think about it?

I assume you went back to the battlefield -- there should have been a go to hospital button.

Ah, I thought it was on the post-combat screen.

Anyways, I can't figure out which battle I participated in earlier today, I thought it was the region I lived in anyway. So I'll have to wait until tomorrow I suppose.

I don't know. I do know that no one asked the citizens... :(

That's because it was a surprise attack. No one saw it coming, even the Russians said it was a brilliant move.

In other news the people in the UK forms are saying they should attack Norway. The only thing holding them back is our mpp with the US.

This will seem contextually odd (context omission), but there are two reasons why Norway keeps messing with Russia (Russ K asked...). First, there is an alliance between the US and Norway, and Russia has been persistently attacking the US -- it follows, as allies, that we must come to their aid. Second, Russia attacked Norwegian territory, viz. Nord-Norge, although at the time it was occupied by Finland. This is your classic good v. evil struggle.

And in other news... congratulations to Maarten for his spectacular win.