Objectivism Online Forum

Music

Rate this topic

Melodist

I went over to your myspace page and listened to your compositions a few times, enjoying aspects of nearly every one.

I do have some specific feedback for you (although it will be crude, because I am not a musician or composer) but I am curious to know what your background is first. How many years have you been writing music? Are you formally trained (at a university, conservatory, etc.)? How old are you?

Incidentally, welcome to the forum.

Geoffrey, I'm an operatic tenor looking for new composers interested in creating works with objectivist/romantic themes. Have you ever written for the voice before? I would be interested in collaborating with you, if you are interested in collaborating with a classical vocalist.

Thanks.

I majored in music at a university. I'm in my 30s and have been interested in writing music since high school. My first "official" composition, however, was performed live about 7 years ago. I mostly compose for myself.

Hello all,

This is my first post to the form and since I'm a composer who favors melodies, I thought this would be the best place to start. I would appreciate any comments on some music I wrote and posted online at www.myspace.com/dikanogidv Note: most of the music is sampled, not performed.

Thanks.

I'm glad your focus is melodies, because I really believe melodies are the heart of a musical piece, the string that holds everything together. I listened to several of your pieces, and I think you are good. There is something interesting to listen to in every piece I heard. I'm by no means an expert, but I do listen to lots of music of all genres and you know how to piece together music quite effectively. Piano 3 is a zesty, jazzy little piece. Really like it!

I'm glad your focus is melodies, because I really believe melodies are the heart of a musical piece, the string that holds everything together. I listened to several of your pieces, and I think you are good. There is something interesting to listen to in every piece I heard. I'm by no means an expert, but I do listen to lots of music of all genres and you know how to piece together music quite effectively. Piano 3 is a zesty, jazzy little piece. Really like it!

Seconded. Keep on keeping on!

Geoffrey, I'm an operatic tenor looking for new composers interested in creating works with objectivist/romantic themes. Have you ever written for the voice before? I would be interested in collaborating with you, if you are interested in collaborating with a classical vocalist.

No, I haven't written anything for voice. I always wanted to write something operatic, but never got around to it. Do you have something specific in mind? Do you have any samples of your singing online that I can listen to?

• 5 months later...

It make different impression when you are listening melodious music because it will touch in your mind and you can feel so relax and fresh but Music must be i your choice.

It will be quit effective when it is going on and it touch your heart beat.I have also many more collection of the classical song and its great collection for me.