Objectivism Online Forum

The G in G20 is for Gruesome.

Rate this topic

TuringAI

What's so important about G20 that we should violate our citizen's rights without precedent and subject them to what is basically martial law? If we have all this wealth, why aren't the individuals who support G20 summits simply paying people to relinquish land which they have any right to cross?

Willingness to declare martial law should be grounds for automatic expulsion from any branch of the government. If the government cannot function without using coercion against the innocent then it should not function at all and should be replaced by a government that CAN.

It's one thing to go to war in other countries with specific targets in mind when we attack (and GOOD targets, not targets selected purely out of malice) but to say "Well, there MIGHT be terrorists coming to our G20 summit, let's attack everybody who isn't inside their own home!" is purely despicable.

I hope everybody who was in the riot police gets fired from their jobs, never gets another job, and gets forced to live on the streets as a consequence. Life is too good for these creeps. Please forgive my absolute hatred towards these people but they were bullying citizens who did nothing more than holding (and exercising) their constitutional rights.

Why doesn't Objectivism have a zero-tolerance for martial law? Ayn Rand wasn't a statist but it seems that to be consistent with that, you kind of have to eliminate any possible chance for 'continuation of government for its own sake' type thinking. That includes the Nazi-ish behavior of the government at G20. And yes, I MEANT to violate Godwin's Law. It was appropriate.