Objectivism Online Forum

Israeli Vagabond

Rate this topic

My name is Uriah and this is my first post in this forum.

Currently I'm doing my service in the IDF, not a fact I'm particularly proud or ashamed of.

This is the first time I'm planning to practice written English on a regular base, this is one main reason for me to write here and this is a good opportunity for me to apologize for my future mistakes and to acknowledge you that I'll be thankful if you'll correct me. My second reason is to give a stage and to challenge my ideas in front of people with similar set of beliefs as my own.

Objectivism has changed my life in every way. I was going toward very wrong direction by my point of view until I got to read "the fountainhead" during a small window of freedom between high-school and the army while my city got bombed and I was traveling in Canada. I know objectivism very well and though I might be considered as a neo-objectivist because some of my ideas it is important for me to declare that I see myself as an objectivist in a matter of believing that there is no question about the essential issues of philosophy such as metaphysics and epistemology.

My main intellectual interests at the moment are psychology and economics and my deepest passions which I find hard to call hobbies are music and (European) football.

I'm not sure where this road is going but I'm sure that the direction I'm taking is a good one.

Are there any non-American's members?
Yes. If you go to the "Members" list, there's an button called "Toggle Option". Clicking it brings up some search options. Country is one of them. of course, this will only show people who have specified what country they are in.

Thank you Danielle.

Why and where were you travelling in Canada?

Do you know the conspiracy about the Jews planning to rule the world? Well, that not true. but we still help each other from time to time :thumbsup:

I went to Montreal visiting my family, my fathers' uncles and their families invited me for a visit. Form the second I got off the plane I felt like home: the Anglo-Saxon and French cultures mixed with a huge variety of other cultures from all over the world, the infinite landscapes and that odd feeling of limited personal freedom were all an experience which influenced me till this day. If it wasn't the long winter I would consider seriously moving into Montreal and I will return for a visit after my release this spring.

I didn't see too much of Ontario, I hired a car with a German couple and went visiting the Niagara Falls.

Several. Some come and go. Some come and then go. I'm in Mexico City.

This is understandable. From all aspects of language writing is the hardest, even if you know the grammar and the meaning of the words it still takes more time to read and to express yourself.

Were you living in Mexico all your life? When did you get to practice your English?

This is understandable. From all aspects of language writing is the hardest, even if you know the grammar and the meaning of the words it still takes more time to read and to express yourself.

Were you living in Mexico all your life? When did you get to practice your English?

I was born in Mexico City.

I had a very good English teacher, and I had the benefit of private lessons with him. he made sure his students understood the language, not just in meaning but in structure, usage, etc. He also told me when speaking English one should think in English, not translate as one goes along.

As for practice the best way is to immerse ones self in whatever language one is studying. I could watch TV shows in English through cable, and I also bought books and magazines in English. These days with the itnernet it's even easier to find material to read and watch in English.