Objectivism Online Forum

Be my Friend!

Rate this topic

I would, but I still don't have a Facebook account. Still, no harm in asking.

You should consider getting one, for all kinds of reasons. I stopped blogging because Facebook is a better medium for me. I've gotten in touch with all kinds of old friends. People consider me unapproachable in person, but I'm practically a celebrity on Facebook.

Edited by GreedyCapitalist

Since I've posted "No" twice and provided a well thought out reason, and keep having posts mysteriously vanish, I would super duper love to expose details of my personal life to someone I don't know and all of his friends so I can be furniture on his website! Please contact me immediately on PM so I can add you and you can start looking cool and cultured.

As previously requested, if the deletion is by moderator I respectfully request a PM explaining what part of the forum rules I've violated. Is disagreement with a request not allowed?

Edited by Castle

I don't put anything on FB a stranger couldn't know about me. In addition, I like to use FB for activism and share ideas with other O'ists. If you choose to post personal info on FB, good luck with that, but you certainly don't have to send a friend's request to anyone. If you don't have anything nice to say... :D

Nor did I have anything mean to say. Responding to a request you find pathetic and insulting with the reason you find it so isn't a personal attack. Just then was the first time I mentioned pathetic btw, I left that part out because it seemed personal. You wouldn't know that since the only response allowed is agreement.

As I stated in a previous post that vanished, if he had asked for contacts with mutual interests or interesting views my response would have been different. The request was for facebook friends to make a page look cool and cultured. When someone asks me to allow them to second hand attributes on an Objectivist forum while posting quotes by Kant I reserve the right to respond to the request.

Nor did I have anything mean to say. Responding to a request you find pathetic and insulting with the reason you find it so isn't a personal attack. Just then was the first time I mentioned pathetic btw, I left that part out because it seemed personal. You wouldn't know that since the only response allowed is agreement.

As I stated in a previous post that vanished, if he had asked for contacts with mutual interests or interesting views my response would have been different. The request was for facebook friends to make a page look cool and cultured. When someone asks me to allow them to second hand attributes on an Objectivist forum while posting quotes by Kant I reserve the right to respond to the request.

Perhaps if you'd been around for more than a week you would realize that Seanjos' post was rather tongue in cheek. Having read his posts for the last little while I find it funny that he would suggest FB friendship the way he did.

Get over yourself, learn to laugh a little... Your sense of life will thank you. :D

Seanjos... Martin Gasser Ottawa, On

:P My sense of life is full of mirth and laughter. I'll take your word that the OP was tongue in cheek. If a guy posts an inside joke on the outside, he might have to throw out a "Dude, it was a joke." if someone makes the mistake of taking him seriously. Sorry for the confusion.

I keep trying to get over myself, its just that its the only self I've got and he's made of pure diluted awesome.

(That was a joke) :D

• 4 weeks later...

Ah this is great, lots of friends from the board here (who do in fact make my wall look cool :D), a couple of ARI professors and even Dr Brook !

Edit: Just noticed castle's post. Hopefully you see your error by now, if you haven't the key is in your own line: "When someone asks me to allow them to second hand attributes while posting quotes by Kant I reserve the right to respond to the request".

Edited by Seanjos