Objectivism Online Forum

sending a message

Rate this topic

Bob G

I just saved a message because I wanted to make sure I spelled the recipient's name correctly. So I go to open the saved message, the only message that I have worked on for over a week, and it informs me that: "You cannot send another PM until Oct 16 2009, 02:18 AM". I have sent no message!!! I can't even work on the save message. This is a bug? I hope that it just isn't stupid.

It sounds like a bug in the software.

There is a restriction on the number of PMs that can actually be sent in 1 day. This limit is particularly tight for folks who are labelled "Members" (the default membership on the forum). This limit is in place because we were getting spammers who were sending out PMs.

I'm guessing that you might have edited and saved the message a few times and that the software mistakenly counted each save as if it was being sent.

Anyhow, I've changed some settings and it should work for you now.

It sounds like a bug in the software.

There is a restriction on the number of PMs that can actually be sent in 1 day. This limit is particularly tight for folks who are labelled "Members" (the default membership on the forum). This limit is in place because we were getting spammers who were sending out PMs.

I'm guessing that you might have edited and saved the message a few times and that the software mistakenly counted each save as if it was being sent.

Anyhow, I've changed some settings and it should work for you now.

Thank you for your help. Actually, I only saved it once. I didn't get to edit it at all.

• 2 weeks later...

I am having a similar problem. I sent one PM today and when I received a reply I couldn't respond. I received this message: You cannot send another PM until Oct 24 2009, 05:41 PM.

This also doesn't make sense because it is Oct 24 8:29 PM so according to the message I should be able to respond.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.