Objectivism Online Forum

England: Nationalism or Multiculturalism

Rate this topic

TheEgoist

I'd say out of every other western nation, England is the worst off. Already with what seems an established police state, now the only growing opposition to multiculturalism seems to be white nationalism.

1 in 5 Brits would vote for BNP

Thats like saying the only opposition to racism is racism. Its all the same, there is no opposition party here.

I'd say out of every other western nation, England is the worst off. Already with what seems an established police state, now the only growing opposition to multiculturalism seems to be white nationalism.

1 in 5 Brits would vote for BNP

As I keep saying, racism is racism. White nationalism is a natural manifestation of the multiculturalist philosophy, where race/ethnicity is considered to be the defining characteristic of the individual.

I don't know that the UK is the worst off, however. They were always the best of the European nations, were our closest allies, and had the furthest to fall, so it impacts us much more than what happens to other nations.

Btw, be careful of Charles Johnson. He operates based on staying away from extremism, not based on any rational principle. This is why I stopped frequenting his website. I'm assuming this comes from Johnson, because he's big on this issue.

I agree racism is just a form of multiculturalism, dressed up to try and look objective.

Also, I'm quite aware of how silly Charles Johnson can be. He's more Lefty than ever, especially when it comes to things like climate change.

I agree racism is just a form of multiculturalism, dressed up to try and look objective.

It would be more accurate to say that multiculturalism promotes racism, among other things. Multiculturalism is an anti-western, anti-capitalist movement, and part of postmodernism. Environmentalism is more extreme, in that it is anti-man.

Also, I'm quite aware of how silly Charles Johnson can be. He's more Lefty than ever, especially when it comes to things like climate change.

It's hard to pin down exactly what he is, but he's definitely got a strong steak of pragmatism in him, which explains his concern for "extremes". I wouldn't really call him a leftist, because he doesn't have the anti-capitalist bent of a leftist. I think it's his method of thinking -- concern for extremes -- that causes him to be a bit paranoid at times. At least, he comes across that way to me.

Not to make this into a topic about LGF, but his anti-extreme stance does prevent him from endorsing capitalism. He often mocks Ron Paul, who deserves to be mocked, simply for supporting things like the gold standard.

Not to make this into a topic about LGF, but his anti-extreme stance does prevent him from endorsing capitalism. He often mocks Ron Paul, who deserves to be mocked, simply for supporting things like the gold standard.

Do Ayn Rand and Alan Greenspan deserve to be mocked for supporting the gold standard as well?

Ok. So am I the only one who read this and didn't conclude Ron Paul deserves mockery, but not for supporting the gold standard?

As to LGF, Charles Johnson mocked the Democrats and assorted Lefties during the Bush adminsitration because they didn't favor a strong defense of America, and because they'd exaggerate to libel and defamation in their criticism of Bush. Even then he also attacked creationists and people who are against the use of vaccines (and deservedly so). Now he attacks Republicans who, in his view, are so critical of Obama they'd like to see the country go down in flames, so long as they can pin the balme on Obama. He's also locked in a mortal struggle against bloggers he perceives to be racist.

This started when Rush Limbaugh (yes, him again) said he hoped Obama would fail.

It's too bad. I used to like his blog, but now it's mostly a sereis of attack posts against his various enemies. He's also taken down the Cox & Forkum banner he used to display as a letterhead.