Objectivism Online Forum

Skins

Rate this topic

Has anyone been watching this series? I stumbled on this show last week by accident, and got instantly hooked, then caught up with it all over the weekend. One thing I can say is that the character development is amazing. It's worth watching, if you haven't already seen it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Skins_%28TV_series%29

I've seen a couple episodes of the show. It does seem pretty nicely done. I've only seen scattered episodes though, so I haven't well kept up with what is going on. The two episodes I've seen, one of them focused on . . . oh damn, what was her name . . .the girl with the short blonde hair and her crazy home life and a contest for I think it was class president that the girl was reluctantly talked into running in. I hope she does work out her issues with relating to other people, especially so she stops ditching poor Emily like that in the morning. Emily was pretty cute. :P The other episode I saw was the latter part of an episode about the guy the blonde girl ran against in the school president contest I think and his trouble's with a highly unreliable and, I believe alcoholic, father while he and another guy he seems to be on friendly terms with at least by the end of the show are battling over a girl who seems to be interested in both of them. (Heh, they commented to each other near the end of the episode that they'd have to figure something out because they couldn't both have her. I just laughed a bit because I knew sadly they had no real thought out reason for why this was, yet were going to go through so much trouble for it anyway.) I did find the characters and their struggles rather sympathetic, so, good job by the makers of that show. I was also pretty surprised when I first saw it too, since I don't see much British TV, just how much more they get away with in British TV even in stuff aimed at teenagers. They had to bleep out and censor all kinds of stuff here on the BBC America channel they had it on.

Edited by bluecherry

• 2 weeks later...