Objectivism Online Forum

Marketplace Rules

Rate this topic

DavidV

You may use this forum to post advertisements for any good or service that is of interest to Objectivists. Examples are books, music, paintings, lectures, roommate requests, listservs or news services.

Note that this is the only place on the website where you may advertise your product or service. You may not use this forum to link to your commercial or non-commercial website – only individual products or services. Any off-topic posts, or any advertisements anywhere else on this site will be promptly deleted. (You can add your website to the main site.)

If you are in doubt, or would like an exception to the above rules, please don’t hesitate to ask me.

• 4 years later...

Hi Greedy,

I may be misunderstanding what the rules are, but I was hoping to post a link and a small ad for my commercial website on the "main site" you referred to below, but I can't find any appropriate place to post this information. Can you tell me where and if I can post it?

Also, are there any other objectivist business related sites where I might post my shingle? I provide affordable patent and research services for inventors. I'm a certified US patent paralegal and you may check out my site at www.inventive-solutions.ca. One would think that objectivists being rational people, that some would also be inventive.

Thanx ahead,

Brian

You may use this forum to post advertisements for any good or service that is of interest to Objectivists. Examples are books, music, paintings, lectures, roommate requests, listservs or news services.

Note that this is the only place on the website where you may advertise your product or service. You may not use this forum to link to your commercial or non-commercial website – only individual products or services. Any off-topic posts, or any advertisements anywhere else on this site will be promptly deleted. (You can add your website to the main site.)

If you are in doubt, or would like an exception to the above rules, please don’t hesitate to ask me.

• 2 weeks later...
(You can add your website to the main site.)

Well, I've been patient. I asked previously where on the "main site" one may add their website, and you've given no reply. I see that you've not been answering other posts recently, so I waited for your return. Now I see that you have been answered posts & queries from other OO participants, but have ignored or overlooked mine.

Your statements lead me to infer that the administrators of this website are hostile to advertizing of honest businesses that likely are of interest to some objectivists? Yet, you offered a place where they might be welcome but won't give them accurate information as to how to find that place?

I am not asking for an exception, just more specificity to your statement above.

Where on the "main site" may one add their commercial but objectivistically relevant website.

Stay Focused,

<*>aj

I don't think your business is appropriate for the forum or the link directory. We don't have a listing for businesses run by Objectivists... yet.

So let me understand this...

You claim to be open to questions about this policy, and its supposed alternatives: yet only answer those you deem worthy of an answer.

After two emails stating the opposite, you decide that I'm asking to post my business on this forum. Never happened, straw man.

You claim my business is not "appropriate" for the link directory, yet you offer no standard for that evaluation, and still have not supplied a location of this fabled directory, preventing me from finding out who else has been deemed worthy enough to be permitted post their links there.

John Galt = Inventor of a novel motor design

Hank Rearden = designer of a new method of steel manufacture & composition

Ayn Rand = creator of a universally integrative rational philosophical system

Howard Roark = designer of novel architecture

Equality 7-2521 = Re-inventor of the incandescent light bulb

The previous examples are indicative of the interests that OO.net subscribers already hold. My site provides information and services of interest to inventors and the invention curious. I am a certified US Patent paralegal operating a legitimate business helping inventors and companies. I am not a fly-by-night, invention marketing scammer, lying to people to steal their money. I simply provide patent searches and documentation, and am trusted by the local legal community.

You claim my site is not "appropriate" for your members or readers of the "main site", and I submit that your evaluation is in error, and contradicts the obvious interests of the OO.net membership.

You claim that you don't have a listing (location unspecified) for links to businesses run by Objectivists, yet. So I ask that you please outline specifically why this seems to be so anathema to the adminstrators of this site?

I mean, how hard can it be to set up and oversee?

BTW, prodos is promoting Lewis Little's book on this site. (TEW discussion) How is posting a reference to the TEW site which links to the amazon page for Little's book any different than asking to post a link to one's business?

Who is John Galt?

I thank you for your objective consideration,

<*>aj

BTW, I wouldn't be pursuing this if there were any alternative. The Objectivist Businesspeople site has been inactive for a long time. I would think that members of either site would welcome a subforum or listing of objectivist run businesses. Why don't you ask the membership what they want?

Edited by aristotlejones

• 1 month later...
I don't think your business is appropriate for the forum or the link directory. We don't have a listing for businesses run by Objectivists... yet.

I started a thread in Productivity with this announcement:

The Association of Objectivist Business Professionals is getting ready for a new online launch. If you are a business professional and a supporter of Ayn Rand's philosophy of Objectivism--then this is the place for you. The Association of Objectivist Business Professionals web site will have two main features:

1) Directory of Members with Exensive Profiles

2) Discussion Forum -- with a focus on both the application of philosophical principles in business and many day-to-day management discussions.

The goal is to function much like an "Objectivist Chamber of Commerce" with all the features and benefits of social networking organizations-- with the added benefit of shared values. Membership in the Association of Objectivist Business Professionals will be US$125 per year.

If you are interested in receiving more information as it becomes available, please use the sign-up form to get onto the mailing list.

http://www.aob.biz/

<Φ>aj

• 3 months later...
The Association of Objectivist Business Professionals is getting ready for a new online launch.

Since my original contact (January 2009) with the owner of the AOBP site, asking him to restart the database, the site was "launched".

Unfortunately, I can no longer endorse joining a site which has no actual means to contact the owner of the database because the contact page only produces a 404 message. Believe me, I have tried at least a half dozen times. I've even done a whois and tracked down the owner, and sent him several emails informing him of this problem, and have yet to receive any reply. Apparently he's a website developer. Subscribing to the mailing list has also never produced any mail. Since the owner is asking for $125 to join his database for objectivist business owners, I think that transparency would be a minimum prerequisite.

This is a shame. I wish there was someone who could both consistently live up to the objectivist virtues and who could also organize a network for objectivist business owners.

I mean John Galt did it, in an era without computers.

Stay Focused,

<Φ>aj

Edited by aristotlejones