Objectivism Online Forum

Another hit job, amusing response

Rate this topic

John Donohue

Another typical hit job on Ayn Rand from a National Review blogger:

http://corner.nationalreview.com/post/?q=O...NmVmMThhMGRkYTU=

In my opinion, the only reason for this piece is the opportunity to again reference the original odious National Review hit piece with which we are all familiar. The author does not even bother to invent or report new toxic trivia against Miss Rand.

At any rate, there is no place to respond except through letters to the editor.

Well, one suspects a few Objectivists were frustrated by that and must have been emailing the only 'live' email address, namely that of the webmaster. He just posted a "Please Stop It" message!

http://corner.nationalreview.com/post/?q=N...NjZkMTdmZjRlMGM=

Oh well, the guy undermines himself with Ayn Rand's quotes. He doesn't even attempt a real intellectual examination of what they mean. So, any real thinker who sees the article won't be impressed with the author of the article, but rather with Ayn Rand.

As to the humaneness of Objectivism, there is no more humane philosophy that I know of. It genuinely gives men the best chance for prosperity and happiness. Neither prosperity nor happiness are ever guaranteed, but she gives the best road map on the philosophical level.

As to the humaneness of Objectivism, there is no more humane philosophy that I know of. It genuinely gives men the best chance for prosperity and happiness. Neither prosperity nor happiness are ever guaranteed, but she gives the best road map on the philosophical level.

I agree.

When arguing w/collectivists I always have to point out that their entire philosophy, all their systems of society, of politics, of economics are based on force.

Objectivism is the only philosophy I have ever encountered that makes no allowances for force, compulsion, serfdom or slavery. It is the only philosophy I have encountered that allows man complete sovereignty over himself.