Objectivism Online Forum

Few questions

Rate this topic

Caesar

This talk of gamble is actually an empty boast, because you do nothing at all about it, not even spending a few minutes -- unless it is to argue that there is this belief in your mind that causes you to take no action at all, and to make no other decisions at all. What gamble is that? What kind of wimpy God do you think you can placate by doing absolutely nothing in terms of action or at least in terms of guiding some other thoughts?

I guess the whole don't leave questions escaped you.

I live by my natural morals and I believe those are morals that my God supports.

RationalBiker, I hold different morals and beliefs in life(much as everyone else) so it is natural our thoughts and logic will cross and to quote with a few changes( for lack of a better way of putting it) however, you want to believe what you want to believe so my logic has no place in an argument against your logic.

Agree to disagree?

Caesar, I don't know why you would start a thread on a forum and ask questions when you have your own brand of logic and listen to inner voices that you call God. A discussion thread makes no sense unless one assumes objectivity, which you're denying.

Alright this is getting boring. Everyone's rational belief works different this is what mine believes. So just make a closing ague and try to leave no questions

Just read the damn forum rules. Right now, you just wasted my time, since I assumed your posts had something to do with Objectivism, as per those rules, and I read one of them. So, as we stand now, you already stole several minutes of my time, by ignoring the rules. You should stop now, this is not the place for your closing arguments.

That being the case, I suggest you believe in the giant purple space goat... His promised rewards are much greater than God's. He is a better gamble.

I made curry outy of your giant purple goat.

You will now worship that cat down the street from me..the one with the ripped ear and no tail...

or you will suffer for all eternity. You will wail and gnash your teeth before the tailless cat down the street.

*sigh*

I must once again point out that Tarskyte is the one Lord Of The Gods and it's hazardous to provoke him by believing in *any* false deity.

Haha, and I thank you, Steve, for introducing me to LGT that day in chat!

I made curry outy of your giant purple goat.

You will now worship that cat down the street from me..the one with the ripped ear and no tail...

or you will suffer for all eternity. You will wail and gnash your teeth before the tailless cat down the street.

At least that's what the Giant Purple Space Goat wanted you to think... :D

But soon you will know is mighty, mauve... er.. might?!

I have to believe in a God or the Big Bang and the Big Bang is irrationality. So one remains, now it doesn't make 100% reason but more reason then the Big Bang so just pick neither because one side is fully reasonable.

Well, there's actual empirical evidence out there for the Big Bang.

Can the universe be non-existent? I mean...the universe is what? The embodiment of all things that exist. So whatever was here before all of these galaxies, for instance, gasses, or waves, or light or whatever the hell is part of the universe, just not developed into what we know as the universe. How could the thing that is the embodiment of all that exists not be existent at any point in time. The universe has always been here, and always will, the question is in what form it is in at any point in time.

Frankly I don't know what the most supported theory is on this right now, I haven't covered the big bang and like theories since my high school text book, although I would like to know.

Edited by Jennifer

Is there? Eric Lerner would disagree - http://bigbangneverhappened.org/

I actually have the book. There's a lot of interesting stuff in there, and I have no trouble with the idea that *maybe* just *maybe* electromagnetism has some effects at interstellar and intergalactic distances. At the very least, he's not one of those nutters who claim that stars don't work off off nuclear fusion.