Objectivism Online Forum

Independent Film "Hive Mind"

Rate this topic

ToyoHabu

A local filmmaker Ladd Ehlinger jr has released his second film "Hive Mind" about a conservative talk show host who is the last person on earth not part of the hive mind. I have not had the opportunity to see it yet but it seems interesting. Mr. Ehlinger has potential I think.

Hive mind movie site

I looked at the trailer. It didn't seem very interesting. It's just a guy in what looks like a bomb shelter muttering random words. The trailer shows no promising of heroics. Does the character go outside and try to reclaim the world? Or is the whole movie filmed in someone's basement?

I looked at the trailer. It didn't seem very interesting. It's just a guy in what looks like a bomb shelter muttering random words. The trailer shows no promising of heroics. Does the character go outside and try to reclaim the world? Or is the whole movie filmed in someone's basement?

Oh right! Sorry, I forgot, the film is completely boring and the main character mutters utterly random words for the entire film. Oh and it's completely depressing, and you will want to commit suicide by the time it's over. Thanks for pointing that out. Yes, avoid the film, please.

So you made a movie, then came here and confused ideologies in order to assume more people were interested than actually were. Then when corrected and given feedback based on the trailer you insult people and respond with sarcasm? You don't plan to get much of anywhere with this, do you?

Also Alan Greenspan was once a friend of Rand but vastly set himself apart from objectivism with mixed economy policies so your point is still not well thought out. Think about your ideas and develop them more. Trust me it will help you get further

I think you forgot to mention Alan Greenspan.

Night folks!

I think there ought to be a rule that whoever invokes Alan Greenspan in an argument about Objectivism be deemed to be:

a. Talking out of his ass

b. Clueless

c. to have lost any possibility of winning said argument.

:D

Oh right! Sorry, I forgot, the film is completely boring and the main character mutters utterly random words for the entire film. Oh and it's completely depressing, and you will want to commit suicide by the time it's over. Thanks for pointing that out. Yes, avoid the film, please.

Isn't the point of the trailer to give your potential future audience an idea what the film is about? If the film is about something other than the main character uttering random words, then why was that your trailer? You decided that the trailer was the best way to represent your film. Its just like any other advertising. Imagine if Pepsi advertised their product by showing a kid puking and getting sick from a bad batch of soda then said "Please buy Pepsi". Would you buy it then? No! Then why do you choose to advertise your film based on a part that seems to have no redeeming quality?

If you aren't going to try to defend your film based on the content of it instead of with insults and sarcasm then you can go somewhere else please! Thank you.

• 1 month later...
I think there ought to be a rule that whoever invokes Alan Greenspan in an argument about Objectivism be deemed to be:

a. Talking out of his ass

b. Clueless

c. to have lost any possibility of winning said argument.

:o

When Bernanke and Geithner's policies bring us to third world status, I wonder if dropping their names would also function as a 'magic bullet' in an argument over Keynesian economics.

Not likely.

When Bernanke and Geithner's policies bring us to third world status, I wonder if dropping their names would also function as a 'magic bullet' in an argument over Keynesian economics.

Not likely.

The reply will always be that we "didn't sacrifice enough..."