Objectivism Online Forum

New to this site and to the Objectivist community

Rate this topic

Hello, my name is Chris, Im from Anchorage, Alaska. I recently graduated high school and still deciding what I intend to do.

I was raised in a christian family but had problems with submitting myself to a "higher" power. In my senior year I was introduced to Ayn Rand and her works by a friend. After reading The Fountainhead and Atlas Shrugged I was overwhelmed with how much sence it made and seeing some of my own thoughts put into such a clear statement. From there I read online and discussed Objectivism with my friend, but I moved and so did he. So Im on this site looking to learn as much as I can about Objectivism. I have a fair grasp on the fundementals of Objectivism, but not enough that I can present a good aurgument in some discussions. I know what I think is right and wrong, but I sometimes find myself unable to proof why it is right or wrong. So I am simply looking for a complete understanding of Objectivism and all that living as an Objectivist implies.

Nice to meet you.

Apparently half the people that leave Alaska for the Pacific NW end up at my bar so if you ever travel stop by & I'll buy you a drink.

I have 3 regulars from Juno... all named Rory. You Alaskans are a strange brew :lol:

I would love to take you up on that man. I wonder if I'd add to the brew...haha

FYI Juno=Juneau

My name=Brian