Objectivism Online Forum

[Insert cool intro title here]

Rate this topic

Hey, all -- sorry for the very uncreative title. It's just that these intro things are a dime a dozen (kind of like that phrase), so it's pretty impossible to make it at all original without going totally and absurdly overboard. So, to avoid doing that, I'll just give you some stats and open things up to questions, if you're interested. Most likely you'll just learn more about me (whether you want to or not, I suppose) as I post around the forum.

I'm seventeen. I've called myself an Objectivist (or, more accurately, a "Student of Objectivism") for about a year now, but I've known Rand (yes, "known," like an odd aunt or grandmother) for about four or five. I currently run a high school Objectivist study group, which has been pretty successful so far. I'm an aspiring novelist, though I love to write short stories from time to time, and I enjoy trying my hand at essays, letters to the editor, etc. I'd say that my primary reason for joining this forum is to try and expand my understanding of O'ism and of philosophy in general; though "networking" would come pretty close, since I don't exactly live around a lot of Objectivists or even relatively rational people, so it'd be nice to become acquainted with at least a few self-described O'ists.

I guess that's everything. I don't think I sucked that badly at this, actually, but my standards for a good introduction never were very high. :)

Welcome.

Oh hey, you too? You might like to get in contact with the user here called Eiuol, because he's currently looking for other Objectivism supporting writers to possibly do a little project with. :D

Or really just anyone who really is passionate for writing! Personally I'd like to see what you've written if you care to share.

Thanks for the warm welcome, guys! :D

Or really just anyone who really is passionate for writing! Personally I'd like to see what you've written if you care to share.

Definitely. What's the best way to show you? PM seems kind of clunky if all we can do is copy/paste.