Objectivism Online Forum

Xtranormal Text-to-Movie

Rate this topic

Guest Erik Martinsen

Guest Erik Martinsen

I recommend the new Xtranormal online movie maker. It allows you to very easily make entertaining web videos that can be shared with others. I created one as an example. It's my first one, and I made it in 10 minutes, so don't expect very high quality. :dough:

Watch it here

You can easily add more actors and, for example, use it to recreate scenes from your own life. They're pretty fond of making weird, bizarre videos with it on Red Eye, where I first learned about it.

In any case, enjoy. Please share your videos in this thread if you make anything interesting.

Guest Erik Martinsen
There is nothing quite like John Galt in monotone. Are the text to voice programmers working on inflection out there yet?

According to the front page, there's an application that allows you to customize the actor's voices with your own. I haven't experienced with it yet, however.

I made two new videos, which I'm a bit more pleased with. Still not quite there, though.

This is my brief introduction. Beware the cheesy ending.

This is an excerpt of Andrew Ryan's speech.

Edited by Erik Martinsen

• 10 months later...

This seems to be a common use of xtranormal,

using it to argue with an imaginary opponent,

here's a lovely one from a liberal of some sort that although being mostly stupid has some mildly entertaining remarks about homosexuality and serves to illustrate my prior observation.

• 5 weeks later...