Objectivism Online Forum

Grinch Resolution Passes Senate

Rate this topic

Devils_Advocate

Wrote this while watching the (old) "How the Grinch Stole Christmas" movie. Personally, I think it is one of the funniest things I have ever come up with. However, it only is funny if you can remember most of the lines from the poem, movie, and songs from said movie.

The senate today passed a resolution condemning the Grinch, calling him – among other things – nasty, vile, and cruel.

The resolution has sparked outrage in some corners, who contest that the resolution is filled with ad hominem attacks which have no real ground to stand on. “This resolution is the most disgraceful assortment of deplorable rubbish imaginable. It's logic is completely mangled up in tangled up knots,” said Representative Lou-Who, whose daughter, Cindy, is no more than 2. “I must find some way to keep this bill from passing! But how?”

Representative Lou-Who and several other representatives have formed an alliance to try and block the bill from coming to vote in the house through any means possible. Most of them believe the resolution is another attempt by the Vast New-Who-Wing Conspiracy to stop the Grinch's anti-Noise Pollution campaign. “If there's one thing I hate,” the Grinch said at an environmental conference last week, “it's the NOISE! Oh, the Noise, Noise, Noise!!”

Of course, it is highly doubtful that even the most anti-Grinch politician will find it acceptable to bring the resolution to vote, much less pass him, due the Grinch's recent hospitalization for Cardiac Arrest.

“It's the strangest thing,” said an anonymous Who-Doctor, “It seems as though his heart began to absorb all his blood, causing it to expand to three times it's normal size.”

God knows all our prayers are with the Grinch and his family this Christmas season.

Edited by Devils_Advocate