Objectivism Online Forum

United States of America = America?

Rate this topic

Since most of Canada is boreal forest that you can't live off of, or mosquito breeding tundra, I'd say we suckered you into taking most of the truly nasty land in North America.

:D

I suppose you can always play hockey on those lakes in the tundra when they are frozen over, eh?

Yeah, that and... Mine diamonds & uranium, harvest the wood, potash & peat... pump out the oil and natural gas. Man were we ever screwed! :P:D

Since most of Canada is boreal forest that you can't live off of, or mosquito breeding tundra, I'd say we suckered you into taking most of the truly nasty land in North America.

Isn't that what the Russians thought about the purchase of Alaska?

JJM

I know that at some time scholars referred to the United States as "Freedonia" (I've read quotes from 19th century works referring to ores being sourced in "Freedonia"); apparently some people used it for a while shortly after the War of Independence as well. I like it a lot better than "usonia," that's for sure.