Objectivism Online Forum

Happy Ayn Rand Day!

Rate this topic

Devils_Advocate

I think we need a name for this day; can/should it be officially an "Objectivist Holiday"? At the very least, wishing your friends "Happy Rand Day" does wonders for opening doors to discussions on Objectivism. Someone asked me, "What do Objectivists do on Rand Day?". I said, "Whatever's in their rational self-interest." B)

See who, besides Farrah Fawcett, shares Rand's birthday: http://www.born-today.com/Today/02-02.htm

John Link

Thanks, John, for that link. Didn't realize Eva Cassidy, one of my favorite singers, was also born on 02/02. She passed too young. Go to YOUTUBE and listen to her version of Fields of Gold. And yes, I know, this has nothing to do with Ayn Rand's birthday. B)

Does this mean that if Ayn Rand can see her shadow today, it's six more decades of statism?

That prompts a weird visual, since she's dead. If that actually happened, statism would suddenly be the last thing to worry about.

Yes, I actually have the clipping from the local paper from when she died.... shortly after I discovered Objectivism. Just didn't want to cloud my joke with references that would have reminded someone of Jeebus, who as we all know comes up out of the ground on Easter, and if he sees his shadow, it's six more weeks of Lent.

Yes, I actually have the clipping from the local paper from when she died.... shortly after I discovered Objectivism. Just didn't want to cloud my joke with references that would have reminded someone of Jeebus, who as we all know comes up out of the ground on Easter, and if he sees his shadow, it's six more weeks of Lent.

"To whom, and for how long?"