Objectivism Online Forum

Deranged parents shoot kids and kill each other in AGW suicide pact

Rate this topic

Mister A

Yeah, shooting a two year old in the back is really thought through. I think these type of murder/suicides are usually born out of anger towards the unplanned/'more difficult to raise than originally thought' children than whatever the excuse they build up to justify murdering them. My bet is the children were the real target of the action (evidenced by the violence of the choice of weapon), and the suicide and the viro crap just the means of escaping responsibility for the act.

But then again, I did just watch an episode of Criminal Minds. :)

Yeah, shooting a two year old in the back is really thought through. I think these type of murder/suicides are usually born out of anger towards the unplanned/'more difficult to raise than originally thought' children than whatever the excuse they build up to justify murdering them. My bet is the children were the real target of the action (evidenced by the violence of the choice of weapon), and the suicide and the viro crap just the means of escaping responsibility for the act.

But then again, I did just watch an episode of Criminal Minds. :)

I don't know, man. Whatever their reasons, 'save the planet' or 'kids are a pain in the ass,' you gotta be believe it real hard to be able to shoot your two babies and then yourselves.

I don't know, man. Whatever their reasons, 'save the planet' or 'kids are a pain in the ass,' you gotta be believe it real hard to be able to shoot your two babies and then yourselves.

It's unexplicable.

Goya (the town where it happend) is like a samll rural town, near a river, like Tom Sawyer's St Petesburg.

He was 56 ys.old, she was 22.

I guess the guy was mentally ill. "Global warming" is just an excuse, could have been Nostradamus, 2012 Maya's predictions,

the rapture or anything else.

I hope nobody, never, reveal this history to the baby.

I hope nobody, never, reveal this history to the baby.

I hope they do, but they're matter-of-fact about it. Kids are resilient when it comes to these sorts of things--they don't get hysterical because they don't have the context of an adult. Better to grow up knowing about it and being coached by benevolent adults on how to deal with it than to suddenly find out when you're 20. And they WILL find out eventually.

I find it interesting just how much attention they give to the supposed excuse in this short article, though. I'd like to see a comparison to a similar story with a different excuse.

Edited by JMeganSnow

I hope they do, but they're matter-of-fact about it. Kids are resilient when it comes to these sorts of things--they don't get hysterical because they don't have the context of an adult. Better to grow up knowing about it and being coached by benevolent adults on how to deal with it than to suddenly find out when you're 20. And they WILL find out eventually.

Why are you so sure they "WILL" find out?

There are lies that never are discovered. Everywhere.

If she gets adopted, and moved away from the family, maybe told their parents died in an accident...

Much better than growing with this shit, even if she's coached.

In this case, ignorance is bliss.

Put this two situations in the balance, a) knowing this shit thru adolescence B.) being an adopted-my-parents-died-in-an-accident child

Wich one is better to give this child an opportunity to develop a strong and stable mind?

Edited by Lucio

• 2 weeks later...

There's always some kid whose parents happen to know and then the whispering starts. If the kid in question knows it's not as bad as when she ends up learning the truth at school in an embarrassing way, because having been in the dark, the poor kid starts out denying the truth of the comments, and learns later that it's all true.

Trying to hide this kind of thing works out worse than just telling the kid so she can deal with it.