Objectivism Online Forum

Trouble with new Firefox Version?

Rate this topic

I'm having an issue with the Rich Text Editor in the new version of Firefox where my cursor does not appear in the typing window and I'm unable to move it using the mouse or arrow keys, only by backspace or by typing. Needless to say, this makes editing a PITA. Even the delete key is not working. IE 8 is not having this problem.

• 3 weeks later...

There was an issue with FF 3.6 and the forum. Invision (makers of the forum software) issued a patch. However, one of the latest updates to FF seems to have broken that patch and created some new problem. So, Invision issued a new patch, which I have just installed. Hope that fixes the issue.

Here I am trying to post at the end of your post, to no avail. Cursor position is utterly inchangeable by me, using keys, mouse, whatever. Dang.

There was an issue with FF 3.6 and the forum. Invision (makers of the forum software) issued a patch. However, one of the latest updates to FF seems to have broken that patch and created some new problem. So, Invision issued a new patch, which I have just installed. Hope that fixes the issue.

Here I am trying to post at the end of your post, to no avail. Cursor position is utterly inchangeable by me, using keys, mouse, whatever. Dang.
I just downloaded FF 3.6.3 on my machine and its giving me free-reign on the cursor. The only other thing I can think of is that the patched file (which is java Script) may be cached. Try Tools/Clear Recent History and check the "Cache" option (uncheck any others you wish to retain) and see if clearing that helps.

I just downloaded FF 3.6.3 on my machine and its giving me free-reign on the cursor. The only other thing I can think of is that the patched file (which is java Script) may be cached. Try Tools/Clear Recent History and check the "Cache" option (uncheck any others you wish to retain) and see if clearing that helps.
Yup, clearing the cache does it. Grazie.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.