Objectivism Online Forum

They do this kind of thing and we want to talk?

Rate this topic

This Iranian woman was imprisoned, raped and severely beaten several times because she wouldn't wear a head scarf.

Check the video out here:

So, then, should we negotiate with these people or run a sword through them?

That's rhetorical.

And Charlie Rose all dapper and proper has a gentlemanly conversation with the Iranian leader.

I didn't watch but a few minutes of the second. The point is that it's lunacy to talk to people like the Iranian leader. If the press were doing their job, they would expose Iran fully for what it is and continually broadcast their abuses against Iranian citizens with the thought this kind of thing must end, but they clearly don't want to be bothered by it.

And Charlie Rose all dapper and proper has a gentlemanly conversation with the Iranian leader.

The problem with Charlie Rose is that he has no idea how to have a hard hitting interview. He's too laid back and too accommodating of his guests. That's probably why Ahmadinejad agreed to talk with him in the first place.

Edited by Myself

The problem with Charlie Rose is that he has no idea how to have a hard hitting interview. He's too laid back and too accommodating of his guests. That's probably why Ahmadinejad agreed to talk with him in the first place.

The Iranians are literally barbarians. It's not a matter of style, it's the fact that we talk to them at all that is absurd.

The Iranians are literally barbarians. It's not a matter of style, it's the fact that we talk to them at all that is absurd.

Its all a part of of being the vomit enducing package deal of a concept "engaged" with Iran.

WTF does that even mean?

j..

I don't know who this "we" is that you're referring to.

Journalists aren't required to morally evaluate the subject of their investigations. A journalist's job is to expose the truth using whatever means at his disposal.

A proper interview with a man like Ahmadinejad can go a long way in revealing his character and actions to the public at large. Unfortunately, Rose did an incompetent job and allowed his subject to dominate the discussion and ended up giving him a bully pulpit instead of a witness chair.

Obviously, it was a disaster.

Edited by Myself

I don't know who this "we" is that you're referring to.

Journalists aren't required to morally evaluate the subject of their investigations. A journalist's job is to expose the truth using whatever means at his disposal.

We = civilized people.

Everyone is required to morally evaluate at all times.

A proper interview with a man like Ahmadinejad can go a long way in revealing his character and actions to the public at large. Unfortunately, Rose did an incompetent job and allowed his subject to dominate the discussion and ended up giving him a bully pulpit instead of a witness chair.

Obviously, it was a disaster.

We *know* what Ahmadinejad is about. I provided the video of the girl to make it graphically clear what that regime is about. Iran is a horrific, barbaric state worthy only of scorn and destruction. You don't discuss anything with people like that. You identify them as evil and treat them accordingly.

We *know* what Ahmadinejad is about. I provided the video of the girl to make it graphically clear what that regime is about. Iran is a horrific, barbaric state worthy only of scorn and destruction. You don't discuss anything with people like that. You identify them as evil and treat them accordingly.

Obviously not enough people know or else Ahmadenijad would be dead or in prison.

A journalist's job is to expose the truth and report it to the public. Nothing more and nothing less. If that can be accomplished by confronting a man like Ahmadinejad on national television then you do it.

I think you'd be singing a different tune if Rose actually took the opportunity to hammer him on his laundry list of crimes to his face and people got to see what a lying murderous scumbag he is first hand.

Obviously not enough people know or else Ahmadenijad would be dead or in prison.

A journalist's job is to expose the truth and report it to the public. Nothing more and nothing less. If that can be accomplished by confronting a man like Ahmadinejad on national television then you do it.

Morality always has to be the foundation of a man's life, whether he is a journalist or not. Remember, organizations like CNN have covered up for thugs in the past, e.g. Sadam Hussein. They wanted a news bureau there in Iraq, which was more important to them than the lives of real human beings. That's what happens when you have a news organization that doesn't care about being moral!

But, sure, a journalist's job is to report the news, which means the facts.

I think you'd be singing a different tune if Rose actually took the opportunity to hammer him on his laundry list of crimes to his face and people got to see what a lying murderous scumbag he is first hand.

Well, the thing is the nature of the Iranian regime has been known for a long time, but the press has been delinquent in their duty to broadcast it loud and clear.

Why the hell is that Russian (I assume) lady pretty much wearing a burka? If she's not muslim, it means she dressed herself up that way for his benefit. If so, I am disgusted that the leader of a violent theocracy basically has people from civilized nations kowtowing to him. Every time the camera shifted to her and she spoke in a submissive, careful tone to him, it angered and disgusted me.

And yet if you observe what journalists actually do, they freely morally evaluate the subject of their investigations and communicate their evaluation all the time. When it suits their political purposes.