Objectivism Online Forum

The Soft-Spoken Genocidal Muslim at UCSD

Rate this topic

-- particularly the last few seconds -- contains the most chilling exchange I've ever watched. It's David Horowitz drawing out a soft-spoken female student from UCSD... who also happens to be a Jew-hating, Hitler-admiring, lustfully genocidal Muslim.

&hl=en_US&fs=1&" allowScriptAccess="never" allowFullScreen="true" width="480" height="385" wmode="transparent" type="application/x-shockwave-flash">

She ought to be expelled from the university, as a threat to safety. No professor should be willing to have her in class, nor should any student be willing to sit in the same room as her.

If she's not a citizen, she ought to be expelled from the United States -- immediately -- as a threat to national security. If she is a citizen, she ought to be closely watched by the government for any sign of or association with terrorists, then charged and imprisoned accordingly. Anything less -- which is what I expect, sadly -- would be a shameful failure to defend America against its sworn enemies.

(Via Adam Mossoff, who said, "This girl is so soft-spoken about expressing her support of global genocide of Jews, it's like watching a clip from the Nuremburg trials in which the Nazis plainly described their atrocities as if this was no different to them from describing a trip to the beach (and it wasn't).")

3372618-5683210015766122139?l=blog.dianahsieh.com
K6w0fkVDcHM

Cross-posted from Metablog

This is the kind of thing that needs to happen more often. Kudos to Horowitz for putting her on the spot like that. They cannot be allowed to occupy any sort of moral high ground any more. Anyone who condones or even refuses to condemn terrorism should be instilled with shame for their beliefs.

She ought to be expelled from the university, as a threat to safety. No professor should be willing to have her in class, nor should any student be willing to sit in the same room as her.

I wouldn't count on that, those people are in total denial of reality, engulfed in their own magical alternate universe:

This girl is actually my student; I know her to be an intelligent, moral young woman who believes in peace. I do not support any organization that advocates violence against any specific group, nor do I believe that my student would do so. As a peace loving, Catholic teacher, I’m saddened that this speaker–her elder–manipulated the conversation in this fashion to make her look like someone she isn’t, out of an egotistical desire to prove his own point, rather than engaging in a constructive dialogue. A perfect example of why the peace process is limping forward so painfully. (Anita Casavantes Bradford, professor, UCSD)

If she looses her citizenship, can we take her to a 'secret' prison and interrogate her to get the names of everyone in that student group she is representing? Oh, that's right, we don't do that any more... B) In regards to the scarf, at least she's wearing it with purpose instead of for some fashion statement as is popular now.

In regards to the scarf, at least she's wearing it with purpose instead of for some fashion statement as is popular now.
There's nothing wrong with that fashion statement. I, personally, was unaware of any terrorist association, and I doubt anybody else who has bought or worn the scarves did, either. They hold no significance in American culture. I do, however, understand her intent, which is justifiably condemnable.

I was going to defend the girl by suggesting that she is just and ignorant/innocent college brainwash. But the whole outfit, name, and interest in ideas gives me the impression that she would shoot me right in the head based on her ideas. She's a soft-spoken and "intelligent" girl who would actually act and follow through.

The specific pattern on the scarf matches what Yasser Arafat wore over his head (IIRC it's called a "keffiyeh" when worn over the head, it's held down by an "agal"). I don't know if that pattern is part of a uniform per se; if not, someone definitely admires Arafat.

The Muslim Student Association is hosting its "annual Hitler Youth Week" at UCSD and this pig invites people to attend their events. Apparently allowing genocidal maniacs to form groups like the MSA and meet on campus is what passes for intellectual freedom at America's colleges today. What a disgrace. I agree with Diana, if she's not a US citizen, she should be kicked out of the country immediately. If she is a citizen, she should be watched by the FBI. As far as her professor (as quoted by Jake) is concerned, she should get the boot from the University.

Obviously, she's just trolling the professor.

I mean, just look at her. Who would wear something like that? A mass murderer?

Based on her answers to the speaker, I got the impression that she wears the outfit regularly. She knew her "name" pretty well.

Hey, I already have a thread going on this.

Obviously, she's just trolling the professor.

I mean, just look at her. Who would wear something like that? A mass murderer?

It's a good idea to take ideas seriously. Lots of people during the Wiemar Republic didn't think the Nazis were serious.

Btw, here is David Horowitz and professor Levine talking about the student on Hannity's show:

http://news.yahoo.com/video/us-15749625/19846748

Bonus, professor Levine takes a shot at Ayn Rand at the very end of the video.

Btw, here is David Horowitz and professor Levine talking about the student on Hannity's show:
Why even bother having a show at all if you are always "out of time" before anyone can get past pot-shots? What viewer is getting value from shows like this?

Why even bother having a show at all if you are always "out of time" before anyone can get past pot-shots? What viewer is getting value from shows like this?

Only the value of knowing this happened and the opportunity to do the work themselves to find out about it.

When I'm reading the news I always end up searching and checking and re-checking what was reported. Btw, hannity is not one of the shows set to record on my DVR.

I was going to defend the girl by suggesting that she is just and ignorant/innocent college brainwash

I am glad you didn't, because advocating Hitler Youth day kind of throws the whole ignorance excuse out the window at 5,000mph. I am sorry but, considering the accessibility to information these days, no less just common god damn sense, you almost don't have a right to be that ignorant.

I don't really watch tv anymore, I get all of my shows via the net, and I have a large google reader list of websites for general news down to many specific interests, so as a result the only "news" shows I have watched in the last 2 years is Colbert and Stewart (less of him though as he irks me sometimes). Most of what I know about Fox and the rest of them doing outrageous things is via Digg and whatnot. The point is nothing but to do pot shots, especially when Hannity is in charge.

Edited by CapitalistSwine

Holy shit. If you shaved off his goatee and straightened and died his hair brown, Mark LeVine would look almost exactly like my former hardcore vegan roommate. His mannerisms and how he attacks Horowitz are almost exactly the same too. Maybe even argument from intimidation as well.

That is a problem. Levine asked for "proof", which is virtually impossible to do in that format, but Horowitz did provided detailed information, just the same.

What was he talking about with regards to that, anyhow?
He was probably using an Ayn Rand group as an attention-getter instead of some other political group that did or said something he could have skewed, but the gist was: the Ayn Rand group said they supported "genocide" of American Indians -- as he implied that all mass killing is wrong and used genocide as a word to induce emotion -- and they received money, so a group that supports terrorism, also for mass killing, should also be able to receive money.

I have never heard of that guy, but Harowitz seemed to know a lot about him and called him dishonest. Again, with a news show like that which puts on the pretense of discussing ideas but actually gets nowhere, one can't really tell one way or the other who is right or what anyone is actually saying.

He was probably using an Ayn Rand group as an attention-getter instead of some other political group that did or said something he could have skewed, but the gist was: the Ayn Rand group said they supported "genocide" of American Indians -- as he implied that all mass killing is wrong and used genocide as a word to induce emotion -- and they received money, so a group that supports terrorism, also for mass killing, should also be able to receive money.

I have never heard of that guy, but Harowitz seemed to know a lot about him and called him dishonest. Again, with a news show like that which puts on the pretense of discussing ideas but actually gets nowhere, one can't really tell one way or the other who is right or what anyone is actually saying.

I suspect Levine deliberately asked for proof, because he knew it would be hard to do on any television talk show. Horowitz's reputation is solid. He's very honest. Levine comes across as a bomb thrower and the nature of the girl should be evident to all who saw the first video.