Objectivism Online Forum

Xmas Gifts For Objectivists

Rate this topic

jfortun

One of my favorite parts of Christmas -- besides the food, the presents, the decorations, the presents, and the presents... is the music.

It can get old, so I make sure not to break it out until December 1st. My favorites, year after year, are:

The Grinch Who Stole Christmas. The CD has the story -- the Chuck Jones version with Boris Karloff as the Grinch -- and, separately, the songs. (Fah Who for-aze, Dah Who dor-aze, welcome Christmas, Come this way...)

Nat King Cole's "The Christmas Song". (1992, Capitol-EMI Music, if you're shopping)

A Charlie Brown Christmas, by the Vince Guaraldi Trio.

And several versions of Tchaikovsky's Nutcracker. Surprisingly good is Nutcracker Suite for Guitar by Stevan Pasero (1990 Sugo Records, in case you're shopping).

'Tis the season!

Any gift ideas for the Objectivist in your life who has everything?

I have sold Ayn Rand collectibles at Objectivist Conferences and I have some wonderful items that even an Objectivist who has everything isn't likely to have.

I have rare editions of Ayn Rand's works, old magazines from the 1940s to the present featuring articles by or about Ayn Rand, photos, t-shirts, Ayn Rand stamp-related items like souvenir sheets and first-day covers, rare editions of Calumet K and Berton Braley poems, and even a lovely dollar-sign necklace for $15.

Tell me how much you want to spend ($10 to $3000) and something about the person you wish to gift and I'll tell you what I have.

(I didn't mention a gift subscription to the CyberNet because I assume the Objectivist who has everything already has that.)