Objectivism Online Forum

How do I delete my account?

Rate this topic

I checked my CP but I couldn't find how to delete my account. Any help would be appreciated.

Disagreements over the open/closed system debate dont warrant that in my opinion. Its certainly your choice, I just had to voice my opinion. Theres still the potential for value here....

j..

• 2 weeks later...
How is it possible that an online community devoted to Objectivism does not allow members to remove themselves and their information from the forum database?

I want my account deleted, abolished, and in all ways removed. Do it.

No, we don't delete accounts. How can anyone claiming to be an Objectivist (or do you?) think that you have a right to take back that which you gave voluntarily; how can you possibly think that you have a valid claim on my life. If you did not want your position to be seen by others, you should not have posted. If you do not wish to see things that are posted here, do not look. If you are not willing to abide by the policies of this forum, you should not have participated in the first place.

Admittedly, your depth of posting is not deep. Yet deleting your one other post would make posts that depend on your post incoherent.

How is it possible that an online community devoted to Objectivism does not allow members to remove themselves and their information from the forum database?

We do not trap your soul here, only your words. If you do not wish to participate, you are free to remove remove all your personal information, type random characters for the password, and stop visiting the site. However, you agreed to the rules when you signed up, one of which is that we do not delete accounts*. I think there are good reasons for that rule, and 99.9% of our members seem to have no problem with it.

* I will make an exception and delete accounts with no posts.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.