Objectivism Online Forum

Ed Schultz wants Obama to "act kind of like a dictator"

Rate this topic

<_<

Is this considered "mainstream liberal opinion"?

Hahahahahahahahaha.

Ah, that's priceless. Painfully and utterly priceless.

Not only did the man declare that Obama should act like a dictator, and not only did he do so in explicitly Orwellian terms ("Boot on the Neck"), but he flat out decalred that the Liberals should use their majority like a club. "No more olive branches," "No more bipartisanship," in other words "We now have a narrow majority and we should use it to do as we please to others regardless of the wishes of others." The man evokes tyranny of the few and the many in the face of the public!

This has to be a hoax, right? No one would be that soul crushingly stupid? Right? ...Right? :(

This has to be a hoax, right? No one would be that soul crushingly stupid? Right? ...Right? :(

Stupid? No, he's just playing to his base. He's saying out loud what a lot of people on the left are thinking, what they want.

I don't understand why people seem surprised to learn that the left is/can be brutal and violent in its quest for more power.

Come to think of it I can't for the life of me name a single solitary violent uprising, war or revolution since the rise of communism in 1917 that wasn't leftist.

I'm pretty sure I haven't ever seen calls from anyone for the president to act like a dictator and put his boot on the neck of industry. Do you have a particular example in mind?

I have seen it plenty. It doesn't need to be in the form of video and it doesn't need to be stated in a "right out there in the open" kind of way. Even if it did, there are plenty of examples, especially in text.

I have seen it plenty. It doesn't need to be in the form of video and it doesn't need to be stated in a "right out there in the open" kind of way. Even if it did, there are plenty of examples, especially in text.

Are you talking about the lack of bipartisanship idea, or the put his jack boots on the neck of private industry idea, because I see acceptance of the two on national television as implications of two distinct things.

Stupid? No, he's just playing to his base. He's saying out loud what a lot of people on the left are thinking, what they want.

I don't understand why people seem surprised to learn that the left is/can be brutal and violent in its quest for more power.

Come to think of it I can't for the life of me name a single solitary violent uprising, war or revolution since the rise of communism in 1917 that wasn't leftist.

What about Nazism, which wasn't distinctly leftist or rightist but some mad amalgamation of the two?

Don't forget all those religious extremists who overthrew their more secular governments in favor of a theocracy!

Definitely not surprising. Just as I wasn't surprised when I heard Oliver Stone, on Bill Maher's show, say he wishes the United States had a south American dictator for a president.

Or don't forget when Maher himself (a self-proclaimed "libertarian") lamented that things are just plain easier to do for the people in a dictatorship, so jealous of the communist Chinese, as things are just more "efficient" for them:

If there is ever a dictatorship in this country, so many of these people who claim to be "pro-civil liberties" and "liberal" and "tolerant" will be cheering it and attacking anyone who dares to speak out against it.

Edited by 2046