Objectivism Online Forum

EPA Classifies Milk As Pollutant

Rate this topic

CapitalistSwine

"The Environmental Protection Agency intends to classify milk as a hazardous waste; in the same category as oil."

http://www.ihatethemedia.com/epa-classifie...lk-as-pollutant

Regular milk will be heavily restricted and monitored. Chocolate milk will be protected from such scrutiny by reams of legislation protecting it’s rights. Strawberry milk will be monitored but ultimately safe thanks to it’s inclusion on the endangered species list.

Millions of cows will become unemployed and roam the streets, homeless, but thousands of jobs will be created when local Departments of Transportation realize they need vast amounts of manpower to keep the streets clean.

Is there anything sadder than a thin, unkempt cow sitting on a highway median holding a poorly written cardboard sign reading, “Will lactate for hay”? If there is I would like to know about it.

"The Environmental Protection Agency intends to classify milk as a hazardous waste; in the same category as oil."

Regular milk will be heavily restricted and monitored. Chocolate milk will be protected from such scrutiny by reams of legislation protecting it’s rights. Strawberry milk will be monitored but ultimately safe thanks to it’s inclusion on the endangered species list.

Millions of cows will become unemployed and roam the streets, homeless, but thousands of jobs will be created when local Departments of Transportation realize they need vast amounts of manpower to keep the streets clean.

Is there anything sadder than a thin, unkempt cow sitting on a highway median holding a poorly written cardboard sign reading, “Will lactate for hay”? If there is I would like to know about it.

Well, at least their doing something at the EPA, instead of just sitting around collecting their wage. However, with regulations like this, I'd gladly see them all unemployed...

OT, but I do consider milk to be a pollutant: one to my body anyway. The crap the some farms feed their cows, from sorted restaurant trash to candy--wrappers and all--I can't bring myself to buy it or drink it on a regular basis, even if a particular milk brand is safe from those practices. Then add all the drugs pumped into these things to keep them healthy and massproductive and I'm even more repulsed. So much so that I'd rather use fake, synthetic soy milk for my Wheaties. Yet, at the same time, I've got no problem consuming large amounts of cheese :(

Do cows eat hay? I thought that was horses.

:(

The crap the some farms feed their cows, from sorted restaurant trash to candy--wrappers and all--I can't bring myself to buy it or drink it on a regular basis, even if a particular milk brand is safe from those practices. Then add all the drugs pumped into these things to keep them healthy and massproductive and I'm even more repulsed. So much so that I'd rather use fake, synthetic soy milk for my Wheaties. Yet, at the same time, I've got no problem consuming large amounts of cheese :)

I think that soy milk is probably worse for you than any candy wrappers that probably have 0 effect on the contents of cow's milk.