Objectivism Online Forum

New Forum Version

Rate this topic

I could use some assistance finding/making a new default theme for the site. The old ones are not compatible.

There seems to be some problem with the quote tagging feature, where what is quoted isn't highlighted or made obvious in any way. Right now if you look at a post there's no easy way to tell what or if a person is quoting anything and where his own reply starts.

Fixing this would be appreciated.

Edit: Huh, quoting seems work with new posts, but old posts are still broken. Any way to fix this?

Edited by Myself

There is obviously no rush to fix it, but I am curious, is the chatroom working right now? As when I click on it I get a white separate page that states "The specified application has been disabled". Just want to make sure its not just a personal issue. I like this new theme though!

Edited by CapitalistSwine

There is obviously no rush to fix it, but I am curious, is the chatroom working right now? As when I click on it I get a white separate page that states "The specified application has been disabled". Just want to make sure its not just a personal issue. I like this new theme though!

Chat is broken for me too.

It's not working for me either and I don't know why. If I knew why I could fix it, but I can't find information anywhere.

I'm afraid it's broken and I have no idea how to fix it. I hope SoftwareNerd will take a look. There is a commercial service that's integrated with the forum software that I can purchase, but I want to see if we can fix our version first.

I'm afraid it's broken and I have no idea how to fix it. I hope SoftwareNerd will take a look. There is a commercial service that's integrated with the forum software that I can purchase, but I want to see if we can fix our version first.

Other people seem to be getting in just fine. How do they do that? Is there something I'm not doing?

There seems to be some problem with the quote tagging feature, where what is quoted isn't highlighted or made obvious in any way. Right now if you look at a post there's no easy way to tell what or if a person is quoting anything and where his own reply starts.

Fixing this would be appreciated.

Fixed.

Is there any way to change the "View New Content" link in the top right to instead point to the "Today's Active Topics" link, which seems to be the better choice for the shortcut in the top right - it is more similar to the previous forum's link.

Also, displaying a user's Interests in the forum thread may not be so good, as you can see by my own example.

Edited by brian0918

Is there any way to change the "View New Content" link in the top right to instead point to the "Today's Active Topics" link, which seems to be the better choice for the shortcut in the top right - it is more similar to the previous forum's link.

Also, displaying a user's Interests in the forum thread may not be so good, as you can see by my own example.

To be fair you have the longest list of interests I have seen on here, however I agree that it is unnecessary information. I do like that the other information currently showing is there, but the interest section seems a bit unnecessary yes.

I like it.

Done.

Big plus on the points system! Does everyone have unlimited points to hand out, or are they somehow collected through contribution?

Edit: Ahh, looks like I don't have any points. I wonder how I get some...

Edited by brian0918

The little user_popup.png icon next to each name in the thread list is a little annoying, and doesn't provide much useful information. Can that be removed? :D

This seems like more of a pet peeve as it is quite small, but I agree that it is rather redundant considering its used simply to access the persons profile...which can be accessed by simply clicking on their name, which is where this icon is right next to.

There isn't an obvious way to continue using the forum the way I used to.... I'd click on new posts, and I would get a list of threads that had been posted to since the last time I was here. I could then click on the little icon next to the title and it would take me to the first post I hadn't seen.

Now it works similarly, except that it simply takes me to the first post in the thread, not the first unread post in the thread.

There isn't an obvious way to continue using the forum the way I used to.... I'd click on new posts, and I would get a list of threads that had been posted to since the last time I was here. I could then click on the little icon next to the title and it would take me to the first post I hadn't seen.

Now it works similarly, except that it simply takes me to the first post in the thread, not the first unread post in the thread.

Use the "View New Content" link in the upper right corner, and then click the same little icon as you did before to go to the first unread post. All threads are currently "new" because they did not transfer in the process, so you will be taken to the first post of all threads until you have viewed a topic under the new OO.net.

EDIT: The new forum looks great as it is, IMO. Will there be a skins option, just out of curiosity?

Edited by JASKN

Is there any way to go back to one of the old styles?

No, that's not possible until the authors of the old skins recreate them for this new version.

And what’s the points system for? I mean, do you reach a certain amount of reputation, status, etc. depending on how you get rated?

I don't think it has any specific purpose. It does not grant any privileges.

Yes, there are already three to choose from in the drop down on the bottom.

I looked for it before, but I must be dense because I still cannot find the drop down for this. "IP.Board" and "English (USA)" are the only ones there.