Objectivism Online Forum

For Some Reason I Found This Interesting....

Rate this topic

Maken

I wanted to read some quotes from Atlas Shrugged because I was bored and I stumbled on this site that had a few choice quotes. Now, the interesting part about this, to me at least, were the comments that people left at the bottom. It really seems like people don't understand what O'ism is all about and it upset me!

http://www.scotthyoung.com/blog/2008/01/02/quotes-from-atlas-shrugged/

It really seems like people don't understand what O'ism is all about and it upset me!

There are some misunderstandings, but that is probably the most positive set of comments I've ever seen on an article about Ayn Rand or Objectivism! Other people did point out several of the mistakes - such as that working in a quarry is honest work, which Objectivism supports 100%, despite some idiot posting that stupid flower cartoon.

What comments do you find particularly disgusting?

The author of this article is making his own fair share of misconceptions - that Ayn Rand was against charity completely. He makes the typical assumption that charity is the same thing as altruism.

Some of the comments about Objectivists in general bothered me. It just seems like people are ignorant and I hate ignorance...