Objectivism Online Forum

Ayn Rand "Nerd-core" rap on YouTube

Rate this topic

Cherring109

I was wondering if anybody had some ideas for a set of YouTube video's that where an "album" of Objectivist themed "rap" songs like the ones they did for Stephen Hawking (the MC Hawkins videos).

This is the link to the MC Hawkin stuff. So would it not be cool to have a MC Rand nerd-core?

I was wondering if anybody had some ideas for a set of YouTube video's that where an "album" of Objectivist themed "rap" songs like the ones they did for Stephen Hawking (the MC Hawkins videos).
I'm curious what you think the virtue of that video (those videos, in general) is? In order to come up with some such Objectivist-oriented material, we'd need to have some idea of the underlying point.

I'm curious what you think the virtue of that video (those videos, in general) is? In order to come up with some such Objectivist-oriented material, we'd need to have some idea of the underlying point.

I linked the MC Hawkins video (whose virtue was humor) just as example of what I was "getting at". Let me enumerate a point here that I think that if there where some video's like these then they should have a completely different tone. The point would be to be humorous at the same time educational (which the MC Hawkins where not, I know).

I guess as this thread grows people will start copy and pasting Ayn's quotes on self deprecating humor- I suppose that is a good argument not to do this. I just think it would be fun if they are done in a way that was respectful to Rand and O'ism. Check! :ninja:

i have previously volunteered to write lyrics if someone wants to make some music :D

I think if something is done in Rand's name, it ought to be good. Which the nerd-core rap videos aren't.

I would be more interested to see a talented Objectivist rapper emerge. Someone with Eminem's lyrical ability, but with a more rational worldview.

Edited by BRG253