Objectivism Online Forum

Introduction

Rate this topic

Hello,

My name is Christopher. First off, I'd like to apologize to (yahoo ID) cptndavid, jennifer.snow250, and mankind982002. I contacted you over a silly error (not validating).

With that said, I'd like to tell you about my delve, and subsequent repercussions, of adhering to Mrs. Rands' philosophy.

I was first introduced to The Fountain head at 16 ( a sophomore) and just didn't get it. The following year I was assigned Atlas Shrugged, and didn't get it either. After high-school I went to the Air Force. After a 97 on my ASVAB, I ended up being a chef in the missile fields of Wyoming. After four years, (I didn't reenlist) I had the pleasure of going through the unthinking agony of a young man with a talent minus direction.

From 22-26 was a life of abject failure and poverty ( I lived in a shed at one point). In the spring of '08 I picked up a book called The 48 Laws of Power, a book I had read at 16 and had put down. After finishing that I re-read Atlas Shrugged. I'm not sure what happened, but something somewhere clicked.

I quit my job as a chef in a very nice city club and went into business for myself (I was sick of working nights, weekends and holidays to keep a steady level of broke). 359 days later I closed on my first home, on the lake.

Objectivism is what got me here and my only regret is that it didn't click sooner. I intend on being active here as I have much to discuss and very few people (rural Oklahoma, can't expect much) with which I can talk to about anything other than TMZ, Steel Reserve 211, the UFC and noodling.

Regards,

Christopher S. Kyriakopoulos