Objectivism Online Forum

Yasser Arafat Is Dead

Rate this topic

Thanks!

Yes, I'm here to stay. If your gracious government will accept me.

Good luck, Eran. We need all the good people we can get.

I hope you are connecting with the good people there in NYC. There's a vigorous group of Objectivists there. I'm sure you've already gotten the word, but if you haven't, email Betsy. She knows where all the minds are. :)

Again, welcome! I'm on the left coast, or I'd invite you around for wine, a sail, and a long gab-fest.

On the subject of Arafat's demise, I'll add this bit of humor:

The Monty Python Dead Parrot Sketch with Minor Corrections

Enjoy!

I saw this yesterday. It made me think of the fight between Arafat's "bride" (as I heard her described by one news anchor) and the "leadership" of the Palestinians who are wondering what to do next. I guess his death means that they won't be able to "bury him alive", which is what Mrs. Arafat said they were trying to do. I was pulling for the Palestinians who wanted to bury him alive. :)

Good luck, Eran.  We need all the good people we can get.

I hope you are connecting with the good people there in NYC.  There's a vigorous group of Objectivists there.  I'm sure you've already gotten the word, but if you haven't, email Betsy.  She knows where all the minds are.  :)

Again, welcome!  I'm on the left coast, or I'd invite you around for wine, a sail, and a long gab-fest.

Yes, I have made some connections already.

And who knows? I might jump to the west coast one of these days. ;)

As to Arafat - did you know there are rumors that he was actually dying of AIDS?

I cannot believe the level of interest the media is giving Arafat. I've never seen such detailed interest in someone's health.

On google news I see the headline:

"ABC News Arafat Critical; Vital Organs Functioning"
In an AP story it further says:

but the Palestinian foreign minister said Tuesday he is "still alive" and his brain, heart and lungs are working

One of the worst human beings to ever grace the earth, and this is who the media cares about.

I wonder what it'd be like to be stuck in AP headquarters. What would those people be like?

Jimmy Carter is not a leader of our world any longer, thank God!

And the only leaders I care about are Sharon and Bush. Bush said "God bless his soul" - but that really wasn't any kind of endorsment, except the natural Christian kind.

Sharon already gave his statement... which amounts to a not very subtle "good riddance".

Kinda makes you wish there were an everlasting hell for bastards like him.

I just wish Bush would hold back on restarting the "peace process." I don't want him clamping down on the Israelis. A huge power-vacuum just opened up and people need to stand back and allow the power-lusters to kill each other off. Then, maybe, those who are left might be willing to settle down and live.

From the White House:

November 10, 2004

STATEMENT BY THE PRESIDENT

The death of Yasser Arafat is a significant moment in Palestinian history. We express our condolences to the Palestinian people. For the Palestinian people, we hope that the future will bring peace and the fulfillment of their aspirations for an independent, democratic Palestine that is at peace with its neighbors. During the period of transition that is ahead, we urge all in the region and throughout the world to join in helping make progress toward these goals and toward the ultimate goal of peace.

Translated from Politician-ese to Texan: "Yeeeee-haw!!!"

Kinda makes you wish there were an everlasting hell for bastards like him.

Precisely what I thought last week when we heard he was dead. Any hint of a conscience?. Any regrets?. He didn't die a martyr, really. At least not in a grand explosive manner. His death was long, drawn out and confused.