Objectivism Online Forum

My life as a Productive SOB

Rate this topic

LandonWalsh

2010 has been GREAT! Insurance, sales, marketing, going to Nashville and starting my own business, and making it back to Northwest Arkansas for an awesome job and some great business projects. Now that it is offically December I wanted to post a little of what im working on and what I am expecting out of 2011. Long story short. I'm expecting alot!

Right now I am in a great position to launch all the big money making projects i've been waiting so long to work on and accomplish. Meanwhile I have a great team of friends and talent around me. Gideon Reynolds is a very tallented graphic designer who has an amazing work ethic and ambition to succeed and enjoy life like no other. Gideon has created artistic masterpieces and is always working on expanding his skills.(http://digitaldavinci.net/) Spencer dailey has for much of his life been an idea guy like myself as well as a night audit job to free up time. Spencer has an incredible education in tech business start-ups that rival the teams that make it to Y-combinator. He is our future Leo laporte and has already launched an impressive business called http://Bumperize.com/ with another business partner "Jared" who is a programming Genius. And my newer friend Nathan. I've only known Nathan for about a month now and i've yet to find such a young and talented jack of all trades. Nathan doubles as an artist, technical designer, and programmer. Did I mention that he just started learning programming within the last two months? Here are two sites of his: http://seshit.com/ http://natebook.com/

Not only do I think that 2011 will be a golden year for myself, but for my friends Gideon, Spencer, Nathan. Why?

8423_189985465019_649875019_4308073_6188890_n.jpg

Gideon has always had a passion for both martial arts and graphic design. Even though our Martial arts business plan has been put on hold, it hasn't stopped either of us pursuing things that can make us money with less time and capital. Gideon has a graphic design business and website that he is wanting to finish and promote. I am about to hire Nathan to do the finishing touches on Gideons site. I can then market Gideon's business for him and make sure he's got all the Graphic design work he needs till he has enough money to hire other designers to do the work for him.

Spencer already has a operational tech business(Bumperize) he is working on as well as working on a project with me Called FixPUNK. FixPUNK as it stands now is only a small tech blog but we have plans to expand not only the blog but to also create an online entrepreneurship community. The end goal is to create something like a entrepreneurship incubator; a place for you to network with other Startups, Technical, & Non-technical founders, share startup info and education. As well as gather support for your startup from other business, startups, and Angel investors.

Nathan's intentions are unknown, but we know he has quite a few projects going on himself. He's probably the man I'll be paying to finish Gideon's website programming. His abilities as a designer, and rapid advancement as a programmer is nothing short of impressive. We're hoping that he will become a even better programmer in the months to follow and possibly(if he wants to) become a intricate part of our projects as "lead designer" as well.

As far as I go. I am working on 3 projects: (www.fixpunk.com) FixPUNK(with spencer), ConsumerCause, and my own low cost resale business called Business Scrappers. At the rate progress is being done with these projects I can't even imagine where I will be 6 months from now. It can't be anything short of amazing though. Needless to say I think 2011 is going to be my year to shine. I'm already planning on living life to the fullest in 2011.

Starting with throttle. ;)

n649875019_2731278_1700855.jpg

Then getting back to photography! (my photo btw)

n649875019_160128_3552.jpg

Music(Both playing and attending)

77176_10150098023415020_649875019_7731955_1551878_n.jpg

And Travel

156360_10150098010365020_649875019_7731780_4324036_n.jpg

Edited by LandonWalsh

Thanks for posting! It's great to be reminded that people can, and do, move their lives forward in the directions they choose. I'm cheering for all three of you in 2011!

Congratulations and best wishes for the future! Rational optimism is a pleasure to see, people express it all too rarely.