Objectivism Online Forum

Fdr: American Fascist

Rate this topic

Tom Robinson

Two books recommended in Ayn Rand's first periodical, The Objectivist Newsletter, are now available in complete, online editions.

The Roosevelt Myth by John T. Flynn shows that FDR was elected on a platform to end deficits, reduce spending and taxes, abolish useless agencies, and keep America out of war. By the end of his second term, he had spent over $17 billion in borrowed funds, abandoned the gold standard, doubled taxes, and exposed America’s fleet to a near certain attack by Japan. In short, the New Deal was nothing less than Mussolini’s fascist system brought to America.

In Roosevelt’s Road to Russia, George N. Crocker reveals how FDR made concessions to Joseph Stalin that would lead to the enslavement of almost half of the world’s population. Crocker demonstrates that in nearly every instance it was not the necessity of wartime compromise that prompted Roosevelt’s actions. Roosevelt said of Stalin, “I like this man and I want to keep on good terms with him.” Not only did American trrops stand by while Eastern Europe was overuun with Red Army troops, but also, as a result of promises made at Yalta, American soldiers participated in the rounding up of two million Russian refugees to be returned to the slave state of the USSR.

These works are especially valuable now that the American right has abandoned its fierce opposition to FDR. Even Newt Gingrich refers to him as "the greatest president of the [20th] century."

Both books and other historical works are available at Debunking the Roosevelt Myth.

interestingly enough, we JUST talked abou that in history today.

I've come to conclude that the late 20s to after WWII could be dubbed "the age of the second hander". At this time people in most democratic nations (Germany, Italy, and I think Spain) abducate self-government for fascism. The United States comes the closet it ever comes to dictatorship with a court-packing four term president. Something must have definately been wrong with the psycology of a majority of the world for such an obviously evil movement to gain speed.

"'dictate' to preserve democracy"

Father Charles Coughlin (1936)

This guy was a radio evangelist who called the New Deal "Christ's Deal". He also admired Mousselini