Objectivism Online Forum

An Evening With Bryan Larsen. Were You There?

Rate this topic

Linda

November 6th promised to be a special evening, and it proved to be exactly that. Many traveled for hours by car or flew in from out of state for a chance to meet QCFA artist Bryan Larsen and to get their first look at his latest paintings, newly unveiled. At the invitation-only reception, it was sometimes difficult to determine who was enjoying the experience more -- Bryan or his many fans. Pictures from this special event can be viewed here.

Bryan's latest paintings, including several "Atlas Shrugged" inspired pieces can be viewed at Quent Cordair Fine Art.

post-658-1100130977_thumb.jpg

November 6th promised to be a special evening, and it proved to be exactly that. Many traveled for hours by car or flew in from out of state for a chance to meet QCFA artist Bryan Larsen and to get their first look at his latest paintings, newly unveiled. At the invitation-only reception, it was sometimes difficult to determine who was enjoying the experience more -- Bryan or his many fans.  Pictures from this special event can be viewed here.

Too right Linda! That was a great event: thank you to you and Quent for putting it on, and a special thanks to Bryan for coming out to see us! I can't wait for the next one!

d_s

Nice artwork. But I am visually confused: What is the exact degree of space between that locomotive and the steel structure (bridge) -- two inches or what!? Considering the Z-axis, isn't that train at risk of scratching its polish?

I wouldn't bet on that. I passed through Chicago this past summer, and to get from the airport to the train station I rode the "Blue Line," one of a series of train lines that ran through the city providing mass transportation. It went through several tunnels, and looking out the window it often seemed that the walls were barely a handspan (if even that) from the side of the train.

It was oddly exhilirating. On the one hand, it felt dangerous because contact with the wall could have been very bad (we were going fast). Yet at the same time there was also the realization that the train was staying perfectly on course and under control. I think that must have been a taste of how Dagny and Rearden felt during the first run of the John Galt line.

I'd lay money on two inches being enough, as long as it were done right.

All his new paintings look wonderful but my two favorite are Motive Force and Self Absolution of the Titan.

~Isabel

"Motive Force" and "Self Absolution of the Titan" have interesting origins. Bryan was being considered to create the new Ayn Rand cover art. The studies for these pieces are now available and we can all look forward to more exciting oil paintings from Bryan in this series.

post-658-1100290899_thumb.jpg

Edited by GreedyCapitalist