Objectivism Online Forum

Thought of you

Rate this topic

Alfa

Just found this and thought i'd share it with you.

http://conteanimated...thought-of-you/

I'm simply awestruck by this guys skill. Even more impressive, as I understand it, is that it's not rotoscoped/motion captured.

Thanks for sharing! It was very good.

In the documentary about the project the artist said:

" I knew I had a big task in front of me. Two and a half minutes worth of animation; 24 frames per second. THAT is a lot of drawings. But it is not something that is work. You know. when I look at the clock and I see that I have got a couple extra hours to come work on this - it is... it is really enjoyable. "

I'm glad you liked it. :)

I also liked what he said there. He clearly loves what he's doing, and I think it's a necessity to reach this level in anything; be it art or business or whathaveya. It's just so much work that goes into it.

His animation made me draw a rather unexpected asociation. Another great piece of animation, but very different in style. Ryan Woodward's animation has alot of motion and he draws with clean straight lines(though the motion is, of course, arcs). Here's Glen Keane from Beauty and the Beast, where large parts of the animation are relatively still and he's drawing with strong curves: