Objectivism Online Forum

Sam Harris Destroys Christianity 4 mins

Rate this topic

CapitalistSwine

Sorry, but I have seen far more devastating attacks on Xianity from Sam Harris himself than this one. I doubt it would make any impression at all on an Xian--not even "oh, but that is nonsense". They'd more likely wonder what on earth he is babbling about and what it has to do with anything.

Sorry, but I have seen far more devastating attacks on Xianity from Sam Harris himself than this one. I doubt it would make any impression at all on an Xian--not even "oh, but that is nonsense". They'd more likely wonder what on earth he is babbling about and what it has to do with anything.

It was simply something I recently came across. If you have better attacks by Sam Harris I would appreciate a link to them, however it's not necessary if you don't want to have to find them again. I agree that people such as Harris, Dawkins, Hitchens have a minimal effect on Christians, but it sure is good for athiest circle-jerking and a general appreciation for intelligent people being willing to tell it like it is.

Sam Harris is the best debunker of Christianity around...I don't think this video is his best attempt, however. There are plenty of crevices for Christians to hide in, even after admitting that the gospels were written decades after Christ. There are other videos (and books) by Sam Harris which so thoroughly deconstruct Christianity, that to disagree with him is to engage in massive cognitive dissonance.