Objectivism Online Forum

A very literal piece of art.

Rate this topic

Eyesandhands

This is an original drawing I recently created using Autodesk's Autocad 2011. I limited myself to 45 minutes to complete it as an excercise to improve my CAD skills. I would appreciate any input, criticism, or suggestions regarding either the visible CAD techniques or my aesthetics involved in its creation.

post-8457-0-74515600-1303336314_thumb.pn

I think if you were to make an actual artwork out of this it could come out really good. I assume this is just a sketch?

Good: The posture of the woman. It reminds me of egyptian drawings.

Bad: Lack of color and detail.

Yes, this is just a sketch and the lack of color and detail is on purpose. I've considered making it into a complete piece, but I have almost no experience in creating art (as in visual representations of things,) although that would not stop me. As it stands, this was simply a quick practice of CAD skills in the form of art to convey a message. The posture and form of the woman was by far the most time consuming part of creating this drawing. About half the time creating the drawing went into positioning rather than detail. (if you'll notice, there are a few minor mistakes in detail -at least that I see- such as the woman's leg. It's a little bit off as far as proportions.)