Objectivism Online Forum

Signet vs. Plume edition

Ylva

I want to order original edition of The Fountainhead (I've read it only in polish translation) and since I can't look it out in nearest bookstore - I would be grateful for some recommendation. Is Plume's paperback edition (http://www.target.com/Fountainhead-Reissue-Paperback-Ayn-Rand/dp/B002JE1YVE) much better than Signet's hardcover (but version with red girders)? I know that these two are different in size: Plume (33 x 229 x 155) and Signet (45 x 187 x 108). Have anyone a comparision and does anyone know which one of them is actually more comfortable in reading? The most important thing for long-run reading is spacing, text arrangement and letter size. Especially for me, the last thing's of the great matter ;)

The Signet paperback versions are all small as hell. That's good for travelling and taking the book around places with you, but if you're looking for more spacing and larger letter size, go with anything bigger.

Edit: oh wait, I didn't pay enough attention to what you wrote. Yeah I mean the Signet paperbacks are the smallest out there, and that's the one with the red girders. But I don't know anything about the Signet hardback versus the Plume paperback.

But for comparison, the Signet paperback (with red girders) is 6.9 x 4.1 x 1.6 inches, whilst the Plume paperback (red stripes) is 9 x 6.1 x 1.3 inches, so it is larger.

Edited by 2046