Objectivism Online Forum

Thunderf00ts almost objectivist video

Rate this topic

I'm not able to watch the video here, but will note that thunderfoot has a history of strong opposition to capitalism and is a proponent of manmade global warming. See the videos of HowTheWorldWorks (a great advocate of the free market) for his debates with thunderfoot (e.g.

). Edited by brian0918

I've seen a number of his videos, and he is nowhere near an Objectivist. He's an atheist, but that's not because he dismisses the arbitrary but for other reasons. He likes science obviously, but only because it's good for mankind. In several videos he explicitly goes against selfishness. In politics he has made several marxist remarks. So there you go.

I'm not able to watch the video here, but will note that thunderfoot has a history of strong opposition to capitalism and is a proponent of manmade global warming. See the videos of HowTheWorldWorks (a great advocate of the free market) for his debates with thunderfoot (e.g.

).

Note the title is "almost" and I'd agree that there are overtones of the greatness of humanity and of productivity. He's not an atheist that puts down human beings but who celebrates them. I've always appreciated thunderf00t for that, even with his cruddy politics.

Also, since when has AGW and Objectivism been mutually exclusive? Last I heard from Peikoff on the matter, he said it was irrelevant what the cause of global warming was and I've always thought that was an articulate point. Even if global warming is caused by humans, that results in no philosophical shift in how we should govern in a free society. You can't not be an Objectivist simply because of a conviction of a scientific theory.

I know his politics and ethics are disastrous... I'm just looking at this video specifically.

And yes I've seen his debate with Lee Doren and his (thunderfoots) tactics were pretty low. But I like him for the fact that he doesn't just go after christians but also muslims. Other atheists on youtube seem to just attack creationists mostly because it's "cool".