Objectivism Online Forum

Before we all go boom...

Rate this topic

I just wanted to say how much I've enjoyed the turbulent times I've had on this forum over the past 7 years. It seems the Rapture is coming and I just wanted to get that in before we all die.

LOL!!!!!

Edited by RationalBiker

It seems the Rapture is coming

So next Saturday the lines will be shorter at the grocery store, shopping mall, gas pumps etc.? I wont have to make reservations at my favorite restaurant? Although, its authentic Italian food so there probably wont be any cooks or waitstaff present either, darn.

But Im going to take advantage of these opportunities!

Here's another gem: worldly evidence of Alpha and Omega's fiery fury against Sodom and Gomorrah! Finally, hard proof of His Holiness so that I won't need the faiths anymore.

Oh good grief. This idiot has obviously not been to the Monument Valley or he'd see "buildings" a lot more impressive than this--without any sort of biblical explanation either.

Although, its authentic Italian food so there probably wont be any cooks or waitstaff present either, darn.

Any good fundamentalist will tell you he believes that the Catholics are all going to Hell, and surely will not be raptured.

So after this all happens let us know if the fundies are right. At least we will be able to settle that argument.

Edited by Steve D'Ippolito

I've listened to the radio show a few times the past couple weeks. The guy is so great. It's hugely entertaining. People call in with questions/objections about the whole doomsday thing, and the guy literally does not falter one bit. I gotta hand it to him he's convinced. He's not even screaming or being dramatic or anything. He literally talks about the end of the world like it's a haircut appointment.

I think he may have had a stroke, because he talks alot like Dick Clark, which actually adds to his calmness about the whole world ending this month thing.

Jesus is coming for my birthday. He promised. Sorry it has to end the world, but a promise is a promise.

I gotta hand it to him he's convinced.

I wonder if he's burned any bridges, e.g. not paid his bills, not signed a contract to continue his show, etc. Now that would be committment worthy of committment.

Reasoning

1. According to Camping, the number five equals "atonement", the number ten equals "completeness", and the number seventeen equals "heaven".

2. Christ is said to have hung on the cross on April 1, 33 AD. The time between April 1, 33 AD and April 1, 2011 is 1,978 years.

3. If 1,978 is multiplied by 365.2422 days (the number of days in a solar year, not to be confused with the lunar year), the result is 722,449.

4. The time between April 1 and May 21 is 51 days.

5. 51 added to 722,449 is 722,500.

6. (5 × 10 × 17)2 or (atonement × completeness × heaven)2 also equals 722,500.

Convincing argument there. :lol:

My ANA membership number used to end in -449 so I must have something to do with this. Maybe I am going to be "borrowed' by the Holy Spirit on that day or something.

Honestly the figure I see for the crucifixion is 30AD. According to Luke the baptism was in 29 AD (15th year of the reign of Tiberius).

One rapture site even has a "rapture index" with the disclaimer:

The Rapture Index is by no means meant to predict the rapture, however, the index is designed to measure the type of activity that could act as a precursor to the rapture.

You could say the Rapture index is a Dow Jones Industrial Average of end time activity, but I think it would be better if you viewed it as prophetic speedometer. The higher the number, the faster we're moving towards the occurrence of pre-tribulation rapture.

Though it is funny, it also makes me uncomfortable (and a bit pessimistic) when I cannot tell the difference between real life and an overdone SNL farce/spoof.

Skeptical responses

The group Seattle Atheists formed the Rapture Relief Fund which they will use "to help survivors of any Armageddon-sized disaster in the Puget Sound area";[38] if the rapture fails to come as predicted, the money will fund a camp that teaches children about critical thinking.[39] The group American Atheists has sponsored billboards in several American cities declaring the Rapture to be "nonsense", and are holding a party during the period of the predicted rapture.[29]

LOL FUNNY.