Objectivism Online Forum

Finding Neverland

Rate this topic

I saw Finding Neverland this afternoon. My, how refreshing it was to watch a charming, quality film after all the garbage that has been out lately! Both visually and mentally pleasing, it was pulled off with a working balance of whimsical flare and reality. Plot+ Theme+ Characterization+ Acting+ Style+... I loved it. I loved not only some parts of it, but rather the movie in its entirety, which is a rare finding for me. I did not leave disappointed thinking it could have been done better; I left satisfied. The audience walked out of the theater with tears pooled in their widened eyes, and smiles on their faces... Adults with the kind of smiles I'm only used to seeing on children (or in a mental image of the Atlas Shrugged heroes and heroine ).... viewing that in a group of strangers around me, was wonderful. Finding Neverland will speak to the Dreamer in all! :rolleyes:

God, how I adore this movie!  Wow!

It's amazing how wonderful human beings can be.

Anybody who sees this without getting a wee lil' bit o' the sniffles has no soul.  :)

Yes, this was a wonderful movie. And, as much as I always love Johnny Depp's acting, the little boy who played Peter was outstanding.

And, speaking of souls ... I just saw A Very Long Engagement and the fortitude and determination of the heroine was a joy to see. The movie itself had more of the war as part of its theme than I had expected, but the real adventure is about the love of a woman for her man. A very enjoyable movie.

Finally saw it today! LOVED it !! The costumes, characters, plots....everything. One feature I especially loved was how they portray what they are imagining and what they are actually doing in real life. :D

Bit of a spoiler...

Favorite line ...when Barrie tells Peter something along the lines of "Don't say Porthos is JUST a dog. That's like saying that a man can't climb a mountain because he is JUST a man"

Yes, this was a wonderful movie. And, as much as I always love Johnny Depp's acting, the little boy who played Peter was outstanding.

Yep, and we will get to see more of them acting side by side in Tim Burton's remake of Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. Johnny Depp is playing Willy. Freddie Highmore is playing Charlie. I read that it will be "a more faithful adaptation of Dahl's novel rather than a remake of the 1971 film." So, come July we shall see.

Yep, and we will get to see more of them acting side by side in Tim Burton's remake of Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. Johnny Depp is playing Willy. Freddie Highmore is playing Charlie. I read that it will be "a more faithful adaptation of Dahl's novel rather than a remake of the 1971 film." So, come July we shall see.

After I posted my admiration for Freddie Highmore's acting as Peter, I read elsewhere that it was Depp who convinced Burton to cast Highmore as Charlie in the new film. It is really nice to see Depp both recognizing that young talent and doing something positive for it.