Objectivism Online Forum

Ad obscurs functions

Rate this topic

I'm using Firefox, the browser which GreedyCapitalist recommended. (Aside from this problem with the ad obscuring the text, it has been a fine browser.)

The problem appears to be limited to Mozilla browsers with 1024px resolutions. I'll try to figure it out.

There's really no need to log out unless you use a public computer.

If any CSS pros care to take a look at the ad problem, I'd appreciate it. All the monitors I use have resolutions high enough so that the ad and the forum banner are on the same line.

There's really no need to log out unless you use a public computer. 

If any CSS pros care to take a look at the ad problem, I'd appreciate it.  All the monitors I use have resolutions high enough so that the ad and the forum banner are on the same line.

I am constantly on shared computers because I don't have internet in my dorm room yet. But anyway, the function appears to be back. Thanks.

Why not just make the div with the ad non-layered, so you saw the ad before the banner? Right now they overlap, when they should stack.

Because on a high-resolution monitor like mine, they fit within a single row. Being an anti-egalitarian, I tried to optimize layout for both high and low resolution monitors. I’ve spent more time than I wish messing with it, but if someone sends me the HTML to support a single row for high resolutions and two non-overlapping rows for low resolutions, I will implement it.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.